Anyone familiar with New Hampshire emission testing?

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
Let me clarify (my mistake, didn't have my coffee this AM)
Have a 2015 that has no aftermarket mods and never received the diesel gate "fixes" (phase 1and 2). There are no check engine lights on. In its current form would it pass NH testing?

Last edited:

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Dieselgate fixes or not will have no effect on NH emissions testing. NH is fairly mod-friendly provided mods don't affect the ability to pass an OBD-II scan. NH emissions testing only requires passing an OBD-II scan.

My heavily modded 02 Golf TDI and modded 05 PD Jetta Wagen TDI never had a problem passing emissions testing in NH. Same with my 2010 JSW TDI. My 02 Golf and 05 PD JWagen were capable of burying a Prius in "Prius Repellent" when I planted my right foot but had no trouble passing the OBD-II scan. :)

I have since moved on from VW TDIs to BMW Advanced Diesel. I had already moved from VW to BMW a couple of years before the Dieselgate scandal broke.

To pass an OBD-II scan in NH, the CEL must not be illuminated, the ECU cannot have any stored codes, and must pass readiness. You are allowed to have 1 readiness monitor still in a "not ready" state and still pass the OBD-II scan.

Welcome to NH! :)