MN Chat Thread

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Sam, it's up to you. Usually, they'll come off in decent shape and are reusable. I'm sure you can get one cheap enough at eich though.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
I actually have and spare 2 intake manifold gasket, just remembered. My dad planning to go to Bloomington, MN saturday so he can deliver to you guys. Let me know if anyone want one.

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
Looks like we have a great line up. Someone might have to bring the Girls of TDI Calendar to hang in the club house.

Also if anyone has access to long exhaust hose for ventilation that would be good too.

tew5293

TDI
02 Jetta GLS
Hello to all

Hi guys I am new to this site I recently purchased a 02 Jetta GLS TDI and I will be picking it up on Saturday so I would not be able to attend but would love to get together sometime. I also have to do a intake cleaning and a door switch replacement. I live in Roberts, , just across the mn state line, and do have a three car garage but it is not heated. so if anyone is interested in ever doing any work and has a heater just holler and we will schedule something. Also were is the best and fastest place to get gasket seat for intake. I did also today order a chilton service manual and a parts catalog. Well hopefully I will get to know most of you and am looking forward to seeing and experimenting with some of the mods you have done to your rides. Also have a 2500 HD Duramax for that heavy pulling if someone has to trailer a car somewhere, but also no trailer. LMK

Travis

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
it's doubtful i'm making it :( maybe next time....

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeap, I'm not going to make it either. Have to work tomorrow from so not much progress will be done with a car. I got tranny out now so biggest job is done, damn that thing weights like half ton and huge verses manual tranny. I guess my car will go thru weigth loss program.lol

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
GTG- start time

Club house Opens at 7:00am Sat

Pm for directions if you need.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
I'll be there at 8:30 or 9 ish, got two cans of spray carb cleaner, Mnm's gift, 5 gallon bucket of parts cleaner, and my smiling face.

Nalgene

Hello MNmiser,

Sorry, I didn't write earlier in the week.

I, Charlie, (a.k.a. Nalgene) am the "mystery" A3 owner in need of a timing belt change.

I'll be there with bells on tomorrow morning at 9:00 am (ish)

I sent you a PM requesting your address

I'm looking forward to meeting some more fellow MN TDIers!

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
I can't make it, maybe next time. Still have to put tranny in and rewire things, had to work today so not much progress done today. You guys have fun at GTG tomorrow.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Thanks to GG and MnM for a great GTG, even though my intake wasn't too bad, nice to get it out of the way. Thank goodness for plus 20 degress otherwise I'd look like Mr. Freeze after the pressure washer.

TDI
2003 Jetta
Spamjohnson said:
Thanks to GG and MnM for a great GTG, even though my intake wasn't too bad, nice to get it out of the way. Thank goodness for plus 20 degress otherwise I'd look like Mr. Freeze after the pressure washer.
How is your wet left foot doing? Sorry about that.

Thank you MNmiser for letting us use your place and for the sandwiches.
Thank you GreenGeeker for your knowledge, skills and labor for the Intake Cleanings. Rest that back tonite.

Last edited:

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Points, how do you know if you had fun, if there are no scars to prove it, hey GG left blood on my engine, so if he's ever in trouble I expect a call from CSI. Of course he was a Rugby player so I'm guessing everybody has his blood.

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
Gtg

Thanks to everyone for showing up. We wrapped up around 7:30pm. A very educational day with great people.

2 intake cleans
Front bearing replacement
TB on A3.

For those who PMd asking for service work feel free to PM myself or greengeeker. We are happy to perform various service work on your TDI on a non GTG day. Here are some pics of the event. --MNMISER

Last edited:

Minnesota Mike

TDI
2002 Jetta 263,000.
Thanks for hosting the GTG guys. Even though I didn't do any work on my car, I did get some valuable info for when I need to clean my intake. Thanks for lunch too. If I find the website for the head light tear off's I'll let you know.

cochranecustoms

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 VW Beetle TDI
Thanks was fun

Thanks everyone. Was fun- wish I could figure out that lag when I accelerate. If anyone has any advice just let me know... car lags on acceleration bad from 2-3k rpm and throughout, whether or not maf is unplugged. Turbo- spools up just fine (or sounds like it is), has had 100k tb, newer maf, etc. dont know what to do.

MNmiser- if you want me to repair that part that broke, (ABS holder-clip metal piece) I could weld it for you- I weld mig,tig,stick, & gas brazing. Save the part- wont take long, I go up there about once a month for family gtg's or we can meet in the city if you are there sooner.

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
MNmiser- if you want me to repair that part that broke, (ABS holder-clip metal piece) I could weld it for you- I weld mig,tig,stick, & gas brazing. Save the part- wont take long, I go up there about once a month for family gtg's or we can meet in the city if you are there sooner.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer CC, I ended up buying one to get back on the road by Monday. Thanks for attending. I think you saved the day for the A3 Team doing the TB job with the broken bolt.

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Wish I'd made it. Just didn't have time to check TDIClub during the week. I really need more notice than a week anyway, but that's just my wacked schedule. Next time....

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
cochranecustoms said:
Thanks everyone. Was fun- wish I could figure out that lag when I accelerate. If anyone has any advice just let me know... car lags on acceleration bad from 2-3k rpm and throughout, whether or not maf is unplugged. Turbo- spools up just fine (or sounds like it is), has had 100k tb, newer maf, etc. dont know what to do.
Have you scanned for codes with Vag-Com? Also have you checked if vanes move freely? Check snow screen, air filter. Please post more info on what have you tried to fix a problem and parts that been replaced lately.

TDI
2003 Jetta
GreenGeeker, After the Intake Cleaning I noticed a stumble when I turn off the car. The car does turn off but theres a second that the engine stumbles. Do you know what would cause that?
Thanks...

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
points said:
GreenGeeker, After the Intake Cleaning I noticed a stumble when I turn off the car. The car does turn off but theres a second that the engine stumbles. Do you know what would cause that?
Thanks...
Did you guys by accident break inti shudder valve? or didn't connect vacuum hose to actulater that closes shudder valve.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
points,

Can you have someone shut down the car and you watch the anti shudder valve operate? It should close for several seconds during shutdown (I think around 3 sec). If it isn't functioning, I am suspicious of the vacuum lines back there as they were very brittle. We did not break the nipple off nor did we try and disassemble the actuator so I doubt that is the issue. If you want me to come and look at it I'd be more than happy to do so.

TDI
2003 Jetta
greengeeker said:
points,

Can you have someone shut down the car and you watch the anti shudder valve operate? It should close for several seconds during shutdown (I think around 3 sec). If it isn't functioning, I am suspicious of the vacuum lines back there as they were very brittle. We did not break the nipple off nor did we try and disassemble the actuator so I doubt that is the issue. If you want me to come and look at it I'd be more than happy to do so.
Thanks for the reply... I got a CEL this morning. P0401. I will check the shudder valve today.