new member Q5 TDI

pedser

TDI
Q5 TDI
Looking forward the great conversations, in the mean time a new TDI member with a 2014 Q5 TDI.....I like!!!

Thanks,

p

Last edited:

metallocene

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG; 2014 Q5 TDI
Nice! A bit interested in getting one myself, how's it for room in the back seats? Would 3 slim teenagers fit?

Lokhankin

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S 6MT
Congrats!
Are those driver sport seats?
Does the manual has timing belt/chain service of some sort at 110Kmi?

JacktheBear3

TDI
2012 JSW 6sp Tuned
Trying to get one of these for my Mom, can you tell me what you paid vs invoice or MSRP?

Have you done any highway trips yet to get the full idea of one tank on the highway?

pedser

TDI
Q5 TDI
I was able to combine discounts, the suppliers (its about 3500 in discount) takes you to very close to the dealer price, then I was able to add the prior audi owner and that put me below dealer cost. Very good deal...... in my opinion. Bottom line just over 48k w/o taxes.

I am very happy with the my purchase and after 1200 miles in 3 weeks I am at zero complaints, everything is working as expected, no issues or concerns.

You will be. Very happy with your purchase..... and the 30 MPG .....

Enjoy,

Pedro

volksjaeger

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon, '15 Golf Sportwagen, '16 Touareg Lux
I have been thinking about a Tesla Model X but the Q5 TDI is an interesting alternative that's probably about $20k cheaper too. To match the torque figures the Model X will be more like $30k cheaper.

davidf1

TDI
Q5
Another new Q5TDI owner. Sticker $52,295, paid $49,100 less $1,000 for audi loyalty ( kids have my old A4). Also recevied very fair trade on 2007 Lexus RH400. Happy with the deal. So far with only 600 miles on her and we love it. First fill up was fun. 17.8 gal plus a 126 oz of B99.

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
Couple of questions. Is it the same 3 liter that is in the Q7? What is the frame based out of? As in is it a frame unique to a Q5 or it it an A4 or A6 frame with SUV sheetmetal?

pedser

TDI
Q5 TDI
The v6 tdi is the same as the Q7, but its version 2, upgraded (higher torque, more horses) The chasis I understand is the same as A4. ....... its fast I am in my 3th tank 1800 miles and I have no reqrets, no issues, and I keep looking for something wrong and cant find it.

Try one, drive it all day ...... you will be impressed.

pedro

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
An A4 platform will make it ride more like a car even if the center of gravity is a little higher.

CHDriver

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
First Road Trip with New TDI

Just completed the first road trip with the TDI. Started the trip with 238-mi on the odometer and ended with 1670-mi. Travelled from Atlanta, GA to Manassas, VA and return, which was a true combination of road-types. I estimate 70% of driving was on interstates (with cruise set at 77-mph) and remainder two-lane secondary roads (with cruise set at 62-mph). Also, did some city driving. The fuel consumption was better than expected. The first fill-up produced 26.9-mpg, second 32.2 and last 28.5. The MMI computer gave me an overall rating of 31-mpg. As the engine breaks-in, I expect that mpg to only improve. I noticed such an improvement in my Golf TDI. I'm a gentle driver, but do enjoy the torque and handling. I set the MMI to display the average mpg and instant mpg to control my emotions! The car handled beautifully! The hatch easily carried our weeks worth of "stuff." The wife stated that the car blows away our departing Acura RDX. Still working hard to understand how all the electronics functions and how to use them - no easy task! Can't figure out how to post picture!
2014 Audi Q5 TDI: PP, scuba blue, chestnut leather, MMI, side assist, rear side airbags, sport package, cargo mat, alum sat inlays & wheel lock kit.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=84319336

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
I assume they avoided the HPFP issue by using a more reliable Bosch pump.