Brunch, Speaker, and Tech Sessions

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
A little info about the Brunch, speaker, and tech sessions.

Speakers:

There will be two guest speakers at the Saturday Brunch/Breakfast. oilhammer will be presenting a live version of his "Common Problems" thread. This session is pretty self-explanatory.

Chris Hill will be making a presentation called "Dollars and Sense." The tech session would be the same, except it would illustrate what the speech vocalized. The subject will cover what makes sense to do, and when. Why it is sometimes good to spend the money and why its often good to let go. The subject of modding will also be addressed (with an emphasis on cost and benefit), as this is a common thing for folks to do. Maintenance will also be a topic for the same reasons. Repairs are another thing... When does it make sense to spend more? When does it make sense to do repairs yourself as opposed to going to a professional? What is your time worth, as opposed to dollars? (these being the same). Warranty issues....when does it make sense to go to a regular repair shop instead of a moonlighter, and so on.

Tech Sessions:

Tech sessions will be broken up into two tracks. Track 1 will be a continuation of Chris Hill's session from inside, but up close and personal with a car in the parking lot.

Track 2 will consist of three shorter sessions. The first will take place in the ballroom where you had breakfast (no need to get up if you want to do track 2). Compu_85 will be giving a short seminar on VCDS for newbies. In the ballroom, he will demonstrate how to navigate VCDS, what does what, common functions, etc. Once he is done with the visual demonstration, this session will move outside, where he will demonstrate some of the more popular functions on a car.

The second part of Track 2 will be Paramedick's Diesel Douche Device. This is a seminar on how to properly Diesel Purge your TDI. He will be demonstrating on a couple of cars and explaining how it works and why it's important.

The final part of Track 3 will be jasonTDI's seminar on TDI 101. Jason will go over the basics of TDI ownership for the new folks. How to troubleshoot a problem? Where to go for help? What are all of these things under the hood of my car, and what do they do? Jason will take some time to show you the evolution of TDIs in North America... from the early VE-pump engines, to the PD engines, and finally onto the new Commonrail Clean Diesel engines.

As always, feel free to jump around the tech sessions to make the best of the time. We figure that all of the tech sessions will take about 2 hours to complete, depending on how many questions people have for the presenters. Come prepared to gain a lot of knowledge from some of our forum's finest gurus and mechanics.

If you haven't signed up for the Saturday Brunch & Speaker Session, it's not too late! You have until August 31st to sign up for this. After that, it will be too late. There are still some spaces available, and Brunch is $21/person. As of today, we have 115 signed up for Brunch. Don't miss out! :)

As always, feel free to post or PM me for more info or if you have any questions.

-Lawson

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
jasonTDI will also be doing an unofficial tech session on a PD cam and lifter replacement shortly after the conclusion of the other tech sessions. :)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I'll actually be doing the complete replacement of the cam and lifters on an 04' BEW Jetta. A client from NC is the victim....ummmm, I mean donor. ;)

If you want to come watch and ask questions please do. I don't know the actual condition of the parts as I haven't seen this car but at 150K it's a preemptive replacement.