Photo Question

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Every time that I upload a photo to my album using the forum's photo server, it winds up upside-down. Anybody else seeing this?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Every time that I upload a photo to my album using the forum's photo server, it winds up upside-down. Anybody else seeing this?
By any chance, are you taking pictures with your iPhone? I ask because my iPhone will occasionally get confused on its orientation when I'm taking pictures, resulting in upside-down pictures when I email them or upload them to a computer. It's weird because the pictures show up correctly when viewing them on the phone.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
By any chance, are you taking pictures with your iPhone? I ask because my iPhone will occasionally get confused on its orientation when I'm taking pictures, resulting in upside-down pictures when I email them or upload them to a computer. It's weird because the pictures show up correctly when viewing them on the phone.
Yes, when I upload pics taken with my Nikon, they are not inverted.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Maybe submit a bug report with Apple. This has been happening to me randomly for at least a year, across at least two software updates.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Figured it out. I'm left handed and use my left index finger to snap the shot while holding the iPhone horizontally, which results in an upside-down picture...