What to pay for a 200K mi '98 Jetta TDI?

lofranco

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI
What to pay for a 200K mi \'98 Jetta TDI?

That sounds like a good deal to me. Assuming it doesn't have 500K miles, doesn't have a salvage title and has had the TB changed regularly. but you never know with an auction vehicle.
Matt

latitude500

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1998 Green
What to pay for a 200K mi \'98 Jetta TDI?

I'm having the same proble you are. I just need to find out more info about the car that is going to wholesale. Someone else might be able to fix it, or I could fix it myself if the price of the car was cheap enough.

I called about a 1997 Jetta White TDI in Killeen, TX. The sales person Greg Washington stated that it was a white Jetta TDI that had to be towed in because its not running. They got it as a trade and the car is going to wholesale because they can’t sell it. (his words) The guy was really nice, he baskicly said that its not worth my time and that I shouldn’t buy it. This is a car salesman telling it to me. Strange.
Search for it in carfax.com (find car link). Do you think I should find out where the car is being auctioned off and try to purchase it for cheap. Would it be worth fixing, Depending on what is wrong with the car or keep on looking. I know a lot about gas engines, But not a lot about diesels I’m thinking that I might be able to pick the car up for less then a grand and spend some money on it. But it might be a complete lemon and money pit.
I’m just upset that I couldn’t get the car and I’m in need of some help.
You can look at the free carfax report:
http://www.carfax.com/cfm/gvh_display.cf...Customer_Flag=N

Automax
3301 E Central Texas Expy
Killeen, TX 76543
254-634-1133
PRICE: Contact Dealer
YEAR: 1997
MAKE/MODEL: VOLKSWAGEN JETTA TDI
BODY STYLE: Sedan 4 DR
ENGINE TYPE: 1.9L L4 TURBO DIESEL
VIN: 3VWRF81HXVM059700

What do you normally look for when purchasing cars at actions. You can't have a pro inspect them.