I did it. Got a 2015 Golf SE

Claybreaker

TDI
2015 TDI Golf SE
What are some does and don,t of owning a TDI car. This is my first. I see some people add fuel additives What are the good ones, where do you get them?. Should you even use them? I know maint is is key on these cars. oil changes and such. The car I got was a CPO car. This car was bought to be a commuter car. I will be driving about 82 miles each way to work. Only had it a day and have gotten 2 comments from other VW owners on how do I like it. They had older Jetta's. I look forward on everyone's feedback.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
dont add anything. low sulfer comes at a price, lower life on pumps and what not but no more clogged EGR valves and intakes.
Dont baby it, turbo diesels need a bit of hard driving now and again.
DO keep up with service intervals ESPECIALLY timing belt.
Dont cheep out on the oil. use a quality to spec oil, diesels cant just get a basic Walmart special 9.99 oil change. they need whatever the owners manual calls for.
thats about it.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
dont add anything. low sulfer comes at a price, lower life on pumps and what not but no more clogged EGR valves and intakes.
Dont baby it, turbo diesels need a bit of hard driving now and again.
DO keep up with service intervals ESPECIALLY timing belt.
Dont cheep out on the oil. use a quality to spec oil, diesels cant just get a basic Walmart special 9.99 oil change. they need whatever the owners manual calls for.
thats about it.

Hey I get my T6 Rotella from Walmart .

Bajan

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Look to idparts.com for maintenance items. Power service white will keep injectors clean year round and run B5-B20 biodiesel if you have it near by for lubricity. Always always always fuel at high traffic stations where big rigs fuel up. Save your fuel reciepts incase there is ever an issue.