2006 TDI MFD Oddity

chris_b

TDI
2006 Jetta
My cumulative MPG reading in my MFD started spontaneously resetting itself. Originally, this happened every 500-1000 miles. Now, it resets itself every time I start the car.

Am I not understanding how this function is supposed to work? I don't think so because when I first got the car about a year ago, it ran about 10,000 miles before the first spontaneous reset. This is irritating because I like to see my cumulative mileage. AFAIK, there are no other problems with the MFD.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
The MPG value that is displayed on your MFD is actually pretty bogus even if if the display is not malfunctioning. For accurate MPG values, fill your tank to the brim at each fill up and do a pencil and paper calculation at each fill up. If the odometer and trip meter are functioning correctly, just disregard the usually bogus information that is displayed as MPG's.

chris_b

TDI
2006 Jetta
re.- 2006 TDI MFD Oddity

Thanks for your opinion, but your reply is not responsive to my question. I am just trying to determine if I have a problem with my MFD.

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
How do you know it's resetting? Are you sure you're not switching between view 1 & 2 and thinking this is a reset?

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
How do you know it's resetting? Are you sure you're not switching between view 1 & 2 and thinking this is a reset?

Or, the display was set to view 2 for a long time and the button on the bottom of the wiper stalk was pressed switching it to view 1.

OP, view 1 resets after a short period of time, like 1 or 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk