A dictionary for new members

GolfComfort

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV Variant powerdiesel
I´ve been around this forum for about two months now. I´ve downloaded more than 20megs of stuff on my computer and read most of it several times. The posts are full of technical/insider vocabulary which I´m only starting to get into. Terms like "EGR, IAT, Epsilonian..." are really not that common to a newbie, especially if your not a native english speaker and never even thought what different terms would be in english.
Or you could break every abbreviation like SkyPup here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/Forum4/HTML/001193.html
Still it´s not always what it really is!

After all TDIclub is an international place!
Thank you for that!

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
GolfComfort - This is not a problem with your knowledge of American style English. This TDI jargon has developed for various reasons, but acronyms and some TDI terms are not clear to anybody at first. I'm a 52 year old American with a reasonably good education, but these terms are as obscure to me as they were to you. After 2 years on this site I'm still confused at some terms. I've noticed that the really brilliant guys (SkyPup, Mickey, Valois) usually use words which are clear enough that even I can understand.

I am constantly impressed at the excellent language skills you and other non-native English speakers demonstrate. Over the past 2 years, several of us have commented about the impressive language usage you and others have. I think most of us wish we had language skills as good as yours.