Please God help me! :)

Flexo

TDI
R32
Ok, here's the deal. Doing a full FIS swap for my R32. I knownow everything about navi and FIS as I've been reading archives from here and VW Navi for MONTHS, but here's what I'm looking for. About 2 moths back in my e-travels I ran across the page that I believe was linked from here to a spanish or portugese enthusiast forum, and came from a thread about how to customize your welcome display on the full FIS. On this sp/por site, there was a guy that had created an adapter that allowed custom text and pictures to be displayed on the FIS (yes on the cluster display), and for the life of me I can't find the page or link again. I normally favorite stuff like that in IE but I think it was like 4am at the time and just forgot. This guy with the adapter (and subsequent people that got it) had pictures like smiley faces and even a VW bus in the FIS which is really what stood out. I think the thread on that page was discussing a full FIS swap into a B5 Passat. Can anyone help me find this page, and/or tell me what adapter this is so I can finally sleep at night! Thank you!

Flexo

TDI
R32
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! MAY THE GODS OF THE POWERBALL LOTTERY BLESS YOU!!!! :D

Thank you so much!

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
Dang, joins today with an ultra difficult Spanish/Portugese question from unknown date. Doesn't even own a tdi, and WHAMMO.

Welcome to tdiclub, now go get a real car..:D:D

Flexo

TDI
R32
bam_bam_dip said:
Dang, joins today with an ultra difficult Spanish/Portugese question from unknown date. Doesn't even own a tdi, and WHAMMO.

Welcome to tdiclub, now go get a real car..:D:D
Thanks for the greeting. Actually I've been looking at this '83 VW TDI truck (forget the name of it offhand) but the blistering 74 hp it has to offer as well as the diesel fuel usage are very appealing. :)