Just picked up a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI

-->jon

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2012 Jetta sportwagen TDI
Just picked up a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, CHIP RECOMMENDATIONS?

Thinking about getting a simple plug and play chip that can be removed for emissions testing, any recommendations?

Last edited:

virtualpj

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I literally just picked up my JSW yesterday, so I’m as new as you, but in my searching, I see KermaTDI come up a lot. Plug and play and doesn’t require pulling/sending your ECU. Hope that helps ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

INSW20

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6MT
i'm still learning, but seems like you can get a Flashzilla for a Malone tune and revert back to stock at will

-->jon

TDI
Yeah I do like the idea of plug and play, a shop new me was offering APR tuning stage 1 for $500 but they put it on the car and charge another $50 to remove and another $50 to reinstall (if you need to for warranty maintenance or whatever)

-->jon

TDI
I think i am going to get the KermaTDI one sounds too good to be true but the reviews check out 100%

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
If you have extended warranty under the emissions fix, you will void that warranty.
If you don’t have warranty or don’t care, carry on, and enjoy your new toy.

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
Malone Tune with Flashzilla. Easily unloaded and reloaded as needed, great power and excellent economy!
^^This^^

On my 2011, I always took it to the dealer for oil change ($59 for full synthetic and recommended Castrol Professional OE @ $9.50/qt retail) I couldn't buy the oil and filter for what they were charging to change and top off fluids .

So I bought the Flashzilla and tunes. Was able to tune and return to stock at will. They never suspected a thing and never questioned me about it, even when they did a firmware update on my ECM during an oil change; nothing.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
^^This^^

On my 2011, I always took it to the dealer for oil change ($59 for full synthetic and recommended Castrol Professional OE @ $9.50/qt retail) I couldn't buy the oil and filter for what they were charging to change and top off fluids .

So I bought the Flashzilla and tunes. Was able to tune and return to stock at will. They never suspected a thing and never questioned me about it, even when they did a firmware update on my ECM during an oil change; nothing.

Good to know! :) what tune did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk