Vw:1 tesla:0

TDI_

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI_
NO... not saying that. Just throwing it out there bro it is called humor. I have seen VWs on fire. My old MK4 gasser almost caught on fire after headlight work.

Thirstyturtle328

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
Alright I hear ya but why'd you say "lol"? What's funny about a car catching on fire? And also you're title where you say one point for VW and zero for Tesla, it's pretty clear that this was a derogatory post towards Tesla initially so I don't think my response was wrong.

I'm glad no one was hurt though!

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
IIRC that car hit something very large which punctured the battery. The front end was very smashed up, but the driver followed the car's warnings, stopped, and got out without injury.

-J

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Thirsty, what do you mean by "only a fool would question it."?

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
That's what someone writes when they really can't answer solid technical questions that challenge the unsupportable statement they made.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
I remember a couple years back that a TDI owner posted here that his car caught fire in the dashboard.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
NO... not saying that. Just throwing it out there bro it is called humor. I have seen VWs on fire. My old MK4 gasser almost caught on fire after headlight work.
Well, BRO....it certainly came off as a trollish post. You don't like Tesla, fine. Keep the snark to yourself. Thanks to compu for pointing out the facts.

Glad you have car on fire experience. I'd expect you to be a bit more respectful of the situation and thankful the driver was safe. Remind me....who has had better crash test ratings....VW or Tesla?

TDI_

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI_
The 2013 Passat is just as good as the "so great" Tesla when it comes to car crash test. Only one thing the Tesla is greater than the VW is the rollover test. Well let's see, Tesla weights about 1 thousand lbs more than the VW! I think this should give you an idea sir! I feel bad for the insurance company that insures this person's Tesla tho. Poor people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eylwh63Fds

Clearly, VWs are deathtraps - no collision, and this one was actually in the stock wiring (not anything added aftermarket), and made it into (actually, may have started in) the cabin.
Would not be so sure about that sir. No one in their right mind can tell me this person's car is stock!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I feel bad for the insurance company that insures this person's Tesla tho. Poor people.
Insurance companies are the most successful companies in the world. They know how to price risk. And, many re-insure their risk across other insurers. Don't feel bad for an insurance company, buy stock in it instead.;)