2012+ Passat owners - How old are you?

How old were you when you purchased your 2012+ Passat?

• Total voters

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
That's a lot of cigarettes! Or maybe the price per pack has gotten that high.

1sttdin13

TDI
'13 TDI SE, 6MT (candy white/black interior)
I am 35 and just bought my 1st Passat, and 1st TDI (fwiw, 3rd car with a manual, 1st 6mt). My husband is 38. I just voted based on my age.

azerite

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Wagon, 2005 jetta
I would guess you may be right, but only VW would have the real numbers, I assume they track them. The Passat certainly has a broad appeal and as more people see my car they can't believe how big it is and how good on fuel plus the good amount of power.

Resale on these cars will be great across all ages. Now all it needs is a 7 passenger wagon setup, it would wipe out a lot of SUV sales.

Don
Haha they are tracking them via these posts. I will guarantee that they are using this data.

sent from mobile

azerite

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Wagon, 2005 jetta
but my dealer told me it was exactly the same engine... LOL

(he actually did)
Look up the points on fuel pressure only the same engine in terms of displacement that's pretty much where it stops..

sent from mobile

My2013TDI

TDI
2013 Passat TDI

Traded my 2012 Ram 1500 (purchased in 08/12) for the better mileage. I dont need a big truck, i live in one at work. I'm an emt and my commute to work ranges from 20 minutes to an hour depending on what station I'm at for the day. In all honesty, I was tired of $600/month on gas. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

RoadRunnerTR21

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof

Traded my 2012 Ram 1500 (purchased in 08/12) for the better mileage. I dont need a big truck, i live in one at work. I'm an emt and my commute to work ranges from 20 minutes to an hour depending on what station I'm at for the day. In all honesty, I was tired of $600/month on gas. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
Cool! :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

Cool, indeed. Welcome to the forums. :)

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Just picked mine up on my 29th birthday (purely a coincidence) coming from a 2011 A4...Wanted something more practical and "calm" I suppose. Maybe just getting old! So far happy with the car and tdi. The nav is a better interface than Audi, and the only knock is just the fake wood and the plastic underdash, but those are minor. And of course the no HID option...put that on the mod list I suppose!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Bump for the new members! Let's get some more stats.

In addition to the fun factor of knowing what the age breakdown is, we're using this thread to determine how many Passat owners are active on the club.

Motley

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Bump for the new members! Let's get some more stats.

In addition to the fun factor of knowing what the age breakdown is, we're using this thread to determine how many Passat owners are active on the club.
Well then count me in. I'm 52 y.o. and this is my first VW and first diesel.

sheepman

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition 5 speed
I'm going on 36 and drove home my First Passat. Dumped in my '06 Jetta TDI for this past week. I would have bought a Passat TDI in '06 when I was 29 but VW no longer sold them. I like the size and the power is awesome compared to the 1.9PD

tyrntlzrdking

Banned
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6MT
I am 51. Purchased my 2013 Passat TDI couple weeks ago.

The first new car I ever bought was a 1981 Rabbit diesel.

Last edited:

squid

TDI
Want a 2014 GTD
Ages will be skewed due to the fact that most older folks do not use these forums.
Age might be skewed here because more younger folk are less on forums, and instead on social media,
updating their tumblrs, snapcahts, vines.

me: veteran of rec.autos.vw

catchabigone

TDI
2013 passat tdi sel premium
Hi guys first post here. I am David and am picking up my first Passat tdi tomorrow in afternoon. Been fighting with myself for a month over BMW or VW. the 335d is just too much, and used. I just love a NEW car....I am 59 to stay subject, will post picks on Fri when I get some in the daytime.

Axxkicker

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL dsg
40 here. Purchased a 12 golf tdi new in March of 12 and traded up to a 13 Passat TDI SEL in October of 12. These are my first VWs.

suprolla

TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE 6M
41, third VW. I started with a 2006 Jetta GLI, traded it in for a GTI. This one I enjoyed autocrossing and now hopped into my new commuter car.

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
38. Traded in the 2012 Jetta for 2013 Passat. Glad I did. Took a bit of a loss but you only live once and it is an awesome ride. Should have bought this car initially but it wasn't available when I got the Jetta.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

fearlessKouki

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
21, previous/current cars - Scion tC (sold), 97 Honda Civic (sold), 2001 Subaru impreza 2.5RS, 1997 Nissan 240sx.

got the new passat for its MPG since my commute to school is about 45miles a day. Impreza was killing me with its 23 MPG lol

Jeff Lessnau

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6MT
51 years old. I love my 2013 Passat TDI.
Just came home from a 3000 mile + trip to Florida and really enjoyed the cars comfort, performance and economy.
Cannot beat it for the price.
Received several compliments on the car from people along the way.

:)