What did you do to your MK7 today?

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
Today I added a touch of color to the engine cover with a bit of blue vinyl I had laying around.

And last month I got around to installing the GTI/GTD pedal covers I got for Christmas. They came from Amazon and for the price ($35.00ish) they look and fit terrific!

The brake pedal went on pretty easily the first time. The gas pedal took some finessing but I got it on the 2nd try. The dead pedal was the "hardest" mostly because I had trouble getting the kick-panel off over the hood release. But after a couple of tries and a little google-fu I got it on. Maybe spent 20 minutes total... including running back and forth between my computer and the garage. I did skin a knuckle and it bled a tiny bit... which just means the job is done right!

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
That car is missing a pedal.
LOL! Yeah, yeah, I know... the requirements were BLUE and then TDI so I pulled the trigger when I (finally) found one. I do miss the 6 speed manual my 09 Mazda6 had... but my aging knees are happier with the DSG.

So glad I held out the 7 months it took to find it as they began reselling the DG buybacks. When I decided on a Sportwagen I figured I had missed out on ever having a TDI so I was ready to accept a gasser.

I'm REALLY enjoying this car and the Diesel life... I've decided this one will have to last me a VERY long time.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Drove it through a mud bog on the way to town. Picked up some tire cables for it since we just got a snowy weather advisory. First set of cables ever bough, never had to use any and only driven in the snow 1 time in a truck. Wonder how it’ll do on the dirt roads that are so washed out and rutted up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
38k miles

Fired it up this morning and yellow steering wheel with exclamation point won't go away.

God &;|] <;>¥<[|`> cars!

I hope it's nothing serious.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Did you figure it out? Have you driven the car yet? If the battery had been disconnected, then the car needs to relearn the positions on its sensors. If that's the case, then driving the car about 50 feet will "fix" it.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Did you figure it out? Have you driven the car yet? If the battery had been disconnected, then the car needs to relearn the positions on its sensors. If that's the case, then driving the car about 50 feet will "fix" it.

Not sure.

Never disconnected or had a dead battery since bought new.

I drove a mile and it stayed lit yellow. Even cycled ignition and it would do its traditional red momentarily, but stay yellow.

So I said **** it and kept driving. Got to work, 10 miles, stayed yellow the whole time.

Did my day, clocked out, fired it up.

Nothing. Hasn't returned either. Still yet to see if module has anything in history.

I'll post the code if so. Uhhhh, should I post the entire auto scan or just the few lines of the one code? Haha.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Probably low coolant level. Check message in radio button.

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
Troubleshot from afar. Wife "had" to pull it out of the garage two weeks ago to make room for a tile saw. Mentioned that the starter seemed sluggish. Then parked it in the freezing temps for the two weeks and, what do you know, a totally dead battery. My wife works for a tire company that sells batteries and sometimes tells me things that I don't know about car batteries so I really wonder what she was thinking :confused:. Talked her through getting it started again with a completely dead battery and a very cold diesel engine. I guess I'll go buy a new battery in June when I get home if having her attach it to a charger doesn't work.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
38k miles

Fired it up this morning and yellow steering wheel with exclamation point won't go away.

God &;|] <;>¥<[|`> cars!

I hope it's nothing serious.

you had issues with the DSG connector, wonder if you bought a flooded vehicle and now are having issues with the power steering ground.

Wonder what will be next.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Troubleshot from afar. Wife "had" to pull it out of the garage two weeks ago to make room for a tile saw. Mentioned that the starter seemed sluggish. Then parked it in the freezing temps for the two weeks and, what do you know, a totally dead battery. My wife works for a tire company that sells batteries and sometimes tells me things that I don't know about car batteries so I really wonder what she was thinking :confused:. Talked her through getting it started again with a completely dead battery and a very cold diesel engine. I guess I'll go buy a new battery in June when I get home if having her attach it to a charger doesn't work.
Tell her to get it on the charger and get it fully charged, not just so it will start. If she drives mostly short trips you should do this on a regular basis as the car won't completely recharge the battery unless it is driven for some time. Repeated short trips especially in the cold will kill the battery pretty quickly, especially if you let it die multiple times.

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
Tell her to get it on the charger and get it fully charged, not just so it will start. If she drives mostly short trips you should do this on a regular basis as the car won't completely recharge the battery unless it is driven for some time. Repeated short trips especially in the cold will kill the battery pretty quickly, especially if you let it die multiple times.
That's what we're doing. I asked her to put a charger on it two weeks ago and instead she left it outside knowing that the battery was weak. It's not being driven at all other than just to be moved.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
When you return you should just install a trickle charger on the car so all it needs is plugged in. Also the car needs to be kept locked and the keys away from the car. The car will not go into sleep mode unless this is done. This lets the car power down to its lowest electrical level.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
you had issues with the DSG connector, wonder if you bought a flooded vehicle and now are having issues with the power steering ground.

Wonder what will be next.
It's possible.

I bought it with 57 miles on the clock. And I'm first buyer.

Stuff falls off trucks all the time.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen '15 Golf Hatch
That's what we're doing. I asked her to put a charger on it two weeks ago and instead she left it outside knowing that the battery was weak. It's not being driven at all other than just to be moved.

When the battery gets weak or dead you may get the yellow steering wheel or some other form of ESC warning. The reset is to start the car, turn the wheel all the way one direction followed by all the way the other direction and finally back to center. This should get rid of the alarm because the computer re=learns the steering angles for the ESP. Time for a new battery I would say.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Last edited:

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Installed sound dampening to the doors. I swear the Fender system sounds sooo much better! (At least to my 55-yo ears).

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
How difficult a job was that? I'm thinking of getting the folding mirrors and figured while I'm in there, maybe add some sound-deadening material if it's not too much more hassle.

ESmith813

TDI
2015 Manual GSW TDI SEL

Added some badge skins and finally got my new plate. Not sure how I feel about the blue "Golf" yet. When I held it next to the "i" in "TDI" it looked like a perfect match, but doesn't appear to match when I put them on. I also got the Night Blue matched badge inserts for the front and rear VW badges. You can't tell unless you're really looking in the right light, but I'm happy with it. Covering the rotating radio power button and passenger airbag lights (above the flashers) on the interior were great choices for me too - much better to look at.

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
From eBay. They were then painted to match my car paint code. I'll see if I can find the vendor name and edit this post with it.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Everyday is a new light bulb or message!

Car unlocked and started just fine.... Hahabaha

Then everything went away....

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Visiting Scottsdale Az this week for some tuning and R&R. Last day for tuning call or email if you have questions. It’s been raining fo a couple of days and lots of snow up in the north country where we are headed tomorrow. Just wow, rented a 19 chrysler 300s awd Hemi 8spd first couple of days. Turned it in and got a 18 infinity Q50 3.0t 300 hp 7spd rwd. Holy $$$$ this is fun to drive, but I am seeing 23mpg in sport mode. Miss my 15 golf 52 mpgs. Off to Maricopa.
Jeff

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
That is one huge dashcam! Mine was only the size of a lipstick container approximately. Blackvue brand. Way more expensive though. Had front and rear and IR in the cab as well plus a bunch of other options. I really liked it.

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
That is one huge dashcam! Mine was only the size of a lipstick container approximately. Blackvue brand. Way more expensive though. Had front and rear and IR in the cab as well plus a bunch of other options. I really liked it.

That is a nice one you got. The price was right this one... The top section is actually for cable management/concealment.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I had mine hard wired directly to the overhead console. Nearly invisible which is one thing I wanted. Something that wouldn't immediately draw attention or have to be removed and replaced every time I drove. Enjoy yours though!