Cool features you didn't know your Passat had

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
im still upset about the lack of parking lights when parked with the key out of the ignition,
What do you mean? Turn the headlight switch on... the headlights don't burn when the ignition is off, just the parking lights will remain on.

-J

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
huh, your right. wonder what I was thinking last summer :eek:
Maybe it was when I left the car running or something

jhinsc

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Just learned from this thread how to open the all windows/sunroof on a hot day when entering the car - also how to close all when exiting. Great thread - thanks!

eitingon

TDI
2014 Passat SEL
Chance holder

There is a change holder (for a few quarters) in the lid to the little
cubby by the driver's left knee.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
13 SEL, discovery re RNS 510 map screen

Okay, after 32K miles today I discovered by accident that when I swiped my finger from right to left along the bottom of the screen while I had the map pulled up, a new pop up menu appeared. On the left was the symbol of a rocket ship. When I touched the rocket ship the map gradually moved to a large view, as if being viewed from a blasting off rocket ship.
That was a surprise.

scottysize

TDI
Passat SE/Sunroof
There is a change holder (for a few quarters) in the lid to the little
cubby by the driver's left knee.
Just an FYI: I had to put some padding in there so the change wouldn't make a lot of noise. (I used a wash cloth.) Every time I went around a corner, you'd hear the change sliding around.

eitingon

TDI
2014 Passat SEL
Just an FYI: I had to put some padding in there so the change wouldn't make a lot of noise. (I used a wash cloth.) Every time I went around a corner, you'd hear the change sliding around.
Not sure we are talking about the same thing then. I am talking about 4 little slots made to hold 1 quarter each.

wispassat

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
experience is a good teacher

If you leave the headlights on the car on and walk away the DRL's and headlights are off but the parking lights are left on.

Not sure what happens if you leave the fogs on and walk away.
If you leave the fogs on the car WILL be dead the next morning. I found out the hard way, just too spoiled by the auto function on the lights switch.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
If you leave the fogs on the car WILL be dead the next morning. I found out the hard way, just too spoiled by the auto function on the lights switch.
The fog lights won't stay on - only the parking lights. Still, the result is a dead car in the morning.

czeetah

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat 6MT / Opera Red
The ability to constantly irritate me by having to click settings on the RCD to change the brightness of the display from bright to dim and back depending on it it's light or dark out because the headlight switch doesn't autodim/bright sufficiently