G608 - Vacuum Sensor...?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I'm working on retrofitting ABS to my 2015 TDI GSW (it's been done by a few folks in Europe, but haven't seen anyone do it with the TDI yet), and I'm wondering about the wiring diagram for the ABS module.

The diagrams for both the "8T2" 38-pin ABS module currently in my car and the new "8T3" 46-pin retrofit part list a set of three wires going to "T3di connector" going to "G608", which lists as the "Vacuum Sensor".

Moving those wires is no problem (kinda...they're different shaped pins, so I have to cut and splice repair wires - fun!); my bigger problem(?) is that I do not have those wires.

So....do I assume that I do not have a Vacuum sensor? Just wire everything up and it "should" work...? Or is it wired into the system somewhere else and it'll take care of itself?
Build date on my car is 01/15, and I'm looking at wiring diagrams for December2014--> so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the right thing (?). Gas cars apparently have a "brake servo" and not a "vacuum sensor".

Or...(and quite possibly the case), am I totally missing something?

38-pin (STOCK) diagram:

46-pin (NEW) diagram:

Last edited:

rpm-inc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 beetle, 2015 golf s
I'm confused. Retrofitting a different abs system? I can only imagine you have abs already?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Yes.
Standard cruise control can get by with the ESPMk100 (the 38-pin kind), but Adaptive Cruise control requires an IPB ABS (46-pin) module (so I've been told).

Basically, after I had all of the other hardware installed and mated to the car, there was no way I could properly code my ABS module to allow ACC to work. Makes sense that there needs to be a "special" kind of ABS module/controller that can hit the brakes autonomously to slow the car.