www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2017, 17:40   #1
miatamike203
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CONN
Fuel Economy: 44-50 with PP520 best was 56
Default Bosch injector calibration

I can't find any place in the northeast that can calibrate my race 520 nozzles to the pressures i need. 230/320 bar perssures.
__________________
1999.5 Jetta 5 hole R52, GT1752V billet comp, stage 5 Malone tune, 11mm IP, upgraded SMIC and piping, pd150 intake manifold, carter 72gph lift pump, spec stage 5 VR6 clutch, EGR delete, 2.5" downpipe, 3" catback.
Race pipe with ASV & heat exchanger
miatamike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 18:45   #2
RoseBud68
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: PSL FL
Default

I take it you don't want to send them out.
__________________
1999 MK3 Jetta TDI 1Z.
RoseBud68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 18:53   #3
miatamike203
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CONN
Fuel Economy: 44-50 with PP520 best was 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBud68 View Post
I take it you don't want to send them out.
I would prefer not to, and I know DBW will not set them for me. I found a place in CA but thats really the only places i could find so far.
__________________
1999.5 Jetta 5 hole R52, GT1752V billet comp, stage 5 Malone tune, 11mm IP, upgraded SMIC and piping, pd150 intake manifold, carter 72gph lift pump, spec stage 5 VR6 clutch, EGR delete, 2.5" downpipe, 3" catback.
Race pipe with ASV & heat exchanger
miatamike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 19:50   #4
[486]
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St.Paul, MN
TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now
Default

buy a surface grinder
buy a 0-1 mic that reads tenths
buy a porta-power
buy a suitable pressure gauge
buy a lathe to make the necessary adapters (I found that M14 lug studs from GM trucks work great as they're the same thread as the injector bodies)
and a bunch of other scientific apparatus you can source from your local meth lab
.
make the injectors single stage
set the pressures all close enough to the same
assemble the injector lines on the pump 90 deg off and put the injectors in the proper order so each gets fuel from its proper delivery valve
use an old computer power supply to give the QA 5V and the shut down plunger 12v
put 1/4" rubber hose over the nozzles into graduated cylinders
spin the IP with an electric drill until you've got a good amount of fuel to measure
increase pintle lift on injectors with low output
.
or just plop them on there, hope for the best and call it good enough
My dssr 360s are single stage converted and set to somewhat similar opening pressures, but not flow balanced at all, seem to work just fine so far.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 19:53   #5
miatamike203
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CONN
Fuel Economy: 44-50 with PP520 best was 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
buy a surface grinder
buy a 0-1 mic that reads tenths
buy a porta-power
buy a suitable pressure gauge
buy a lathe to make the necessary adapters (I found that M14 lug studs from GM trucks work great as they're the same thread as the injector bodies)
and a bunch of other scientific apparatus you can source from your local meth lab
.
make the injectors single stage
set the pressures all close enough to the same
assemble the injector lines on the pump 90 deg off and put the injectors in the proper order so each gets fuel from its proper delivery valve
use an old computer power supply to give the QA 5V and the shut down plunger 12v
put 1/4" rubber hose over the nozzles into graduated cylinders
spin the IP with an electric drill until you've got a good amount of fuel to measure
increase pintle lift on injectors with low output
.
or just plop them on there, hope for the best and call it good enough
My dssr 360s are single stage converted and set to somewhat similar opening pressures, but not flow balanced at all, seem to work just fine so far.

I have the lathe and i have a old bottle jack i could build the pop tester but with what im also working on i dont know if i wanna go single stahe
__________________
1999.5 Jetta 5 hole R52, GT1752V billet comp, stage 5 Malone tune, 11mm IP, upgraded SMIC and piping, pd150 intake manifold, carter 72gph lift pump, spec stage 5 VR6 clutch, EGR delete, 2.5" downpipe, 3" catback.
Race pipe with ASV & heat exchanger
miatamike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 20:14   #6
[486]
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St.Paul, MN
TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now
Default

only downsides I've found reference to are higher NOx emissions (same as advancing your injection timing, larger nozzles, or both) and more noise, which I didn't notice at all when I swapped mine over.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 20:53   #7
andy2
Veteran Member
 
andy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bowmanville,Ontario,Canada
Default

I'm working on setting up my newly acquired ALH Gibonta DLC .240 nozzles using an ebay/india pop tester and the homemade test tool to be able to test both stage pressures separately.I just broke the handle on the tester tonight but will have it fixed soon.Seems that 300+ bar is just too much for this pop tester.I had a couple of #3 injector cores and one just happened to test at 215/310 bar without any work so I'm just setting the other three to the same within +/- 5 bar approx.Should be interesting to see how they work.
andy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 13:58   #8
miatamike203
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CONN
Fuel Economy: 44-50 with PP520 best was 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
I'm working on setting up my newly acquired ALH Gibonta DLC .240 nozzles using an ebay/india pop tester and the homemade test tool to be able to test both stage pressures separately.I just broke the handle on the tester tonight but will have it fixed soon.Seems that 300+ bar is just too much for this pop tester.I had a couple of #3 injector cores and one just happened to test at 215/310 bar without any work so I'm just setting the other three to the same within +/- 5 bar approx.Should be interesting to see how they work.
Nice i would try to do them myself but i dontbhave shims or know where to buy shims. I wish DBW would do them but i know they won't as i got the nozzles used. They did a great job on my pp520. I had found a place in CA that will do them but there wait time is long.
__________________
1999.5 Jetta 5 hole R52, GT1752V billet comp, stage 5 Malone tune, 11mm IP, upgraded SMIC and piping, pd150 intake manifold, carter 72gph lift pump, spec stage 5 VR6 clutch, EGR delete, 2.5" downpipe, 3" catback.
Race pipe with ASV & heat exchanger
miatamike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 17:53   #9
[486]
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St.Paul, MN
TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamike203 View Post
Nice i would try to do them myself but i dontbhave shims or know where to buy shims.
I just cut my shims to make them all closer to eachother, only had one that I actually had to cut down.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 18:47   #10
sakonnet_TDI
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Little Compton RI
TDI(s): 2000 Beetle
Default

There is a company I used in Portland Oregon called Diesel Fuel Injection Service or DFIS. They were a good price and excellent service.
sakonnet_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 16:19   #11
miatamike203
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CONN
Fuel Economy: 44-50 with PP520 best was 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakonnet_TDI View Post
There is a company I used in Portland Oregon called Diesel Fuel Injection Service or DFIS. They were a good price and excellent service.
I emailed them we will see what they say.
__________________
1999.5 Jetta 5 hole R52, GT1752V billet comp, stage 5 Malone tune, 11mm IP, upgraded SMIC and piping, pd150 intake manifold, carter 72gph lift pump, spec stage 5 VR6 clutch, EGR delete, 2.5" downpipe, 3" catback.
Race pipe with ASV & heat exchanger
miatamike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Injector calibration? Jonamond Ontario 19 March 23rd, 2017 17:08
Bosch 4 bar MAP sensor - calibration? bhodgkiss TDI Power Enhancements 4 September 24th, 2015 17:29
Injector calibration Jet 02 TDI Power Enhancements 3 August 7th, 2014 17:40
Injector Pump Calibration???? Gpdieselbeetle TDI 101 2 March 26th, 2010 11:16
Bosch va/ve injection pump calibration kit ebay mojogoes TDI Power Enhancements 0 August 3rd, 2007 01:01


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.16023 seconds with 11 queries
[Output: 106.93 Kb. compressed to 91.08 Kb. by saving 15.85 Kb. (14.82%)]