2006 Audi A4Q Avant 2.0TFSI -> 2.0TDI (Holset edition)

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
wait...slight change of turbos for the next step...got a hold of the very rare but rather interesting Holset He200vg which has identical turbine and compressor wheels to the He200wg but with the added benefit of controllable exhaust housing size...the Holset VGT does not move the vanes but changes the area of the housing to improve the spool using a CAN bus controller...this should be fun...

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
alright - the snow is on the ground and I have some time to hit up phase 2 in preparation for the compound setup

things to do:
- new camshaft
- switch back to R783 injectors
- install original air box
- install SDI intake manifold
- change turbo manifold
- custom passenger side engine mount

also gotta finish the winter "kit" - coolant heater, oil heater and battery charger...

now how do I fit this Borg Warner compound turbo under the hood?

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
hmmm...damn B7s are just too tight...I need more space in that engine bay :)

anyways - started mocking everything up yesterday...a custom engine mount is inevitable unfortunately - still trying really hard to fit the setup you see above but it may look a little more like this in the end with the 4cm He200wg sitting on the bottom

and the He351w sitting on the top

unfortunately the SDi manifold pushes the turbo too close to the fender and the downpipe might not fit...we'll see...at least the He351 doesn't need the wastegate on it so that makes things a little bit smaller

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
a little more work...decided to use the rear mount manifold instead of the center one...had to shave a little off the transmission to get the turbo to fit

a little bit easier with this manifold to get an engine mount done

the 351 sitting on top

a little tight up front but maybe a cobra head 90 will do the trick

had to extend the 351 outlet elbow to fit the turbo in a little tighter...it gives me nice clearance for the downpipe

start of the 200->351 pipe...it looks like 3 90s and a straight pipe + a 2" to T3 flange

so that's where we stand right now

I like the fitment of the setup...I still can't fit the SDi intake which annoys me but I might try to use an Hx30 and see if there's more space there...

to do:

oil inlets - I figure a Y split from the main line to both turbos
oil outlets - the rear turbo will need a little more creativity to bring the oil towards the front of the engine...I`m thinking of using a 1.8T oil pan, which comes with an extra turbine oil drain fitting so the two turbos can drain independently

wastegates - I`ll need to modify/extend the 200wg WG but there seems to be enough space in the back between the turbo and the starter to get that in...the 351 WG will be deleted

200wg to IC hose - fairly staight forward - it looks like 2 x 45s and a straight pipe

I've got a spare engine that I`ll throw on the engine mount to help put the finishing touches on the piping...it's pretty hard to work in the car...

I think this will come down to a choice between the hx30 and he351...the 200wg I've got on there now has a 4cm turbine housing so spool should be improved over the 5.5cm 221 I was using before so this should just help in the top end...

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
Well thats pretty neat :) Whats the manifold from?

Presume you're going to have to fabricate an engine mount?

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
yup - engine mount is required...this is a SPA turbo manifold - I think they use that for their 8V turbo kits or something like that...I think it will work well with a transverse mount setup

mxracer291

Vendor
TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI
I am looking at building a B7 A4 with BHW swap. I have started sourcing parts, I am struggling to locate a BPW engine harness. Can you give any help where you sourced one from and what part number you used?

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
oh sorry - just saw this...ebay.de - look for Audi BPW motorkabelbaum...they pop up quite often

this car is tentatively sold to a TDi fan in BC...this was a really fun project!

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
hey - the car has been running the He200 at 34psi daily for a few years now - still running strong out on the West Coast...

do you have any questions about the turbos? Since the build we were able to locate a 4cm version of the He200 so the spool is even better now...that turbo pulled hard and was a lot of fun...

check here - there are a few videos of the car and pm if you need help sourcing a turbo for your project or check out www.eurotrashmotorsports.com

https://youtu.be/h410ITkNwLw

Bigtoy302

TDI
CJAA swapped Tacoma
hey - the car has been running the He200 at 34psi daily for a few years now - still running strong out on the West Coast...

do you have any questions about the turbos? Since the build we were able to locate a 4cm version of the He200 so the spool is even better now...that turbo pulled hard and was a lot of fun...

check here - there are a few videos of the car and pm if you need help sourcing a turbo for your project or check out www.eurotrashmotorsports.com

https://youtu.be/h410ITkNwLw
What does the HE200 spool at with the 5cm and what about the 4cm? Looks pretty laggy in your video.

Did you give up on the compounds? That's what i'm interested in.

I'm thinking of a HE200 for a HP and a HE351cw for LP. Shooting for 350+hp. This will go on a CJAA with Ported head, Colt stage 2 cams, heavy springs, ARP studs, IE rods, CP3 and big injectors. I have everything but injectors and turbos. Currently running a GTB1752 but want more and i can't stand the noises a VGT turbo makes lol.

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
didn't really give up on it - it ran very well on the single 200 and I sold it before I added the second...the compound setup will definitely help with the spool but honestly I drove it daily and absolutely loved it...if I remember correctly the videos are with a 5.5cm He221 so it's already bigger than the 200...on another engine we noticed a drop of about 500rpm with the 4cm housing

I think the 4cm He200 and 12cm He351 would be a great combo as long as you have good fuel to support it...

do you have a build thread? this will be a fun car

Bigtoy302

TDI
CJAA swapped Tacoma
didn't really give up on it - it ran very well on the single 200 and I sold it before I added the second...the compound setup will definitely help with the spool but honestly I drove it daily and absolutely loved it...if I remember correctly the videos are with a 5.5cm He221 so it's already bigger than the 200...on another engine we noticed a drop of about 500rpm with the 4cm housing
I think the 4cm He200 and 12cm He351 would be a great combo as long as you have good fuel to support it...
do you have a build thread? this will be a fun car
Looks like others with a HE200 hit full boost around 2500rpm which is perfect. Right now mine hits full boost just under 2000rpm and it is kinda hard to drive in the rain.

I started one but never updated it. The engine is actually swapped into a 4wd Toyota Tacoma.

I will have fuel for 400+ so not a issue.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=498745