What is the best diesel additive?

jrbtdi

What is the best diesel additive?

I live in Windsor Ontario and was wondering what the best additive for diesel is? And where to buy it. I also don't know what "cetane" is and why its good to have this added to your tank. Can anyone explain this?

bogstomper

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2004, Blue Graphite
I have been using Stanadyne for the last 3 years and it has been great /images/graemlins/laugh.gif and it has anti gelling capabilities as well. Here's the website:

http://www.stanadyne.com/dsg/dsg_dfa.asp

I'm not sure if you can buy directly from them but they are sure to have some information on dealers. There are different types of additives so have a look at what's available...
Good luck... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Arthur

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta
I've used the Stanadyne purple bottle in the summers and the blue bottle in the winters for years without any hickups. Now we have biodiesel close to my house so I just use that.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
2-ethylhexyl nitrate is apparently a chemical found in additives such as Diesel Treat Additive Have never used it but guess it works

Stanadyne has been mentioned above...have used it since 1985 in two or three flavors, never found a reason to think it didn't work.

Power Service Diesel Additives are very popular, easy to find in Walmarts and Autozones, also no reason to think they don't work.

Cetane can be explained and better understood here

You basically just pick what is handiest to find /images/graemlins/smile.gif