2012 JSW Media Issue

Steve Clark

TDI
2012 Wagon
Generally my iPhone/Media connection works well. There is one issue.

If I leave my iPhone plugged in and shut off the car and then come back and restart the car I can see the song timer counting down but there is no sound even if I play with volume.

The problem is corrected if I unplug the phone and reattach. Song is heard.

I haven't established if this occurs while I'm also connected by BlueTooth for phone of all the time.

Anyone else experienced this. Not a big deal really but will mention to dealer.

I also have a bit of a rattle but I think it might actually be the iPhone connecter vibrating against the console.

cealer

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Generally my iPhone/Media connection works well. There is one issue.

If I leave my iPhone plugged in and shut off the car and then come back and restart the car I can see the song timer counting down but there is no sound even if I play with volume.

The problem is corrected if I unplug the phone and reattach. Song is heard.

I haven't established if this occurs while I'm also connected by BlueTooth for phone of all the time.

Anyone else experienced this. Not a big deal really but will mention to dealer.

I also have a bit of a rattle but I think it might actually be the iPhone connecter vibrating against the console.
Yeah, I've had this problem though not with my current head unit. The dealer replaced my head unit at about 20k miles based on what it would have an VERY loud startup volume and as soon as I took off it would settle back down to what it should be. I have a non-nav unit on a Golf VI if that matters to ya :D

Kebbat

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
I experience the same issue consistently. I mentioned it to VoA when they called me to follow up on a letter I had written them (to heap praise upon a great salesman). I was told that it is an issue with the new iPhone 4S and that it was up to Apple to figure out a fix. However, upon posting that information elsewhere on this site, I've learned that it also happens when using an iPhone 4.

So ... no fix as of yet and it sounds like there is no intended fix on VoA's part. Bummer.

GearheadzTV

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 JSW DSG
What IOS are you guys running, 5.1.1??? I am having a similar problem but with the voice on phone calls yet Pandora is playing fine...apple says it a problem with VW!

zeuloa

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen
I experience the same issue consistently. I mentioned it to VoA when they called me to follow up on a letter I had written them (to heap praise upon a great salesman). I was told that it is an issue with the new iPhone 4S and that it was up to Apple to figure out a fix. However, upon posting that information elsewhere on this site, I've learned that it also happens when using an iPhone 4.

So ... no fix as of yet and it sounds like there is no intended fix on VoA's part. Bummer.

iPhone 4 and happens to me. My radio also does not work when I press the buttons sometimes, or it will do something else not assigned to that button. The AM does not work at all either. It's junk is my opinion.

30Bones

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Same issue with my iPhone 4 I noticed this last week. BT is enabled, tried shutting that off to no avail unplug/plug in seems to fix it usually. I planned to live with it 9000 more miles until my first service and ask then.

Dariof

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI

They seem to be blaming someone else, as usual.

This also happens with my Blackberry. But on my Blackberry, if I advance the song, the VW unit will pick up the new song.

Kebbat

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
What IOS are you guys running, 5.1.1??? I am having a similar problem but with the voice on phone calls yet Pandora is playing fine...apple says it a problem with VW!
I *just* updated to 5.1.1 and haven't tried using the my iPhone for music since so I'll give it a go. It doesn't bother me too much since there is a work around by streaming via BT ... but I do want it to work the way it is supposed to on principle.

That is my only issue with the radio The sound quality isn't going to make a true audiophile weep with joy, but it's good enough for me!

Kebbat

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
What car under 30 grand will? I went from a 12yo sh!tbox Suzuki so to me this sounds spectacular. :D
I went from a Jeep Wrangler soft top ... had to have the radio turned up LOUD just to overcome the road noise. It's so nice driving a quiet car! Still tend to turn the music up a bit too loud! :rolleyes: