Adjustment procedure for Jetta high beam aiming problem

swb1509

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 4dr Manual
very gratefull

Thankyou for this great effort. No one is flashing me anymore:) ;)

Rogeramjet

TDI
Jetta 2.5 gas
06 Jetta highbeam adjustment

I used your method on my 06 Jetta and it worked nicely. However, there seems to be a swap of the labeling of L2/H2 & L3 in the second photo:should they be reversed?
L3 is shown on the third photo as a horizontal adjustment, and is difficult to see since it is somewhat hidden by its recess in its access hole.
Finding a tiny hex socket for L3 may not be easy, so I made a nifty tool by using a small socket head cap screw, whose hex fits over L3. You can use a 5/32, but the correct size is a 4 mm. Use a long one, so that it sticks out of the access hole. Then attach & jam some nuts on the end of its threads - this will allow you to use a small socket to turn it. I can send you a photo of it if you wish.

bondtimbond

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta package 2 - now sold
Rogeramjet said:
I used your method on my 06 Jetta and it worked nicely. However, there seems to be a swap of the labeling of L2/H2 & L3 in the second photo:should they be reversed?
L3 is shown on the third photo as a horizontal adjustment, and is difficult to see since it is somewhat hidden by its recess in its access hole.
Finding a tiny hex socket for L3 may not be easy, so I made a nifty tool by using a small socket head cap screw, whose hex fits over L3. You can use a 5/32, but the correct size is a 4 mm. Use a long one, so that it sticks out of the access hole. Then attach & jam some nuts on the end of its threads - this will allow you to use a small socket to turn it. I can send you a photo of it if you wish.
Rogerramjet: I don't think my labeling is reversed as you have indicated. L2/H2 are ganged together and move both reflectors up and down.

Eliminateur

TDI
Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG 2007
hmm and what to do when there's no baseline at all?(i.,e. frontal collision, changing both lamp assembly completely).
what's the best adjustment for the asse4mbly anchor points?(the one that screws it against the frame of the car)

or do i just follow the instructions on that daniel stern site?

PFS

TDI
So I know this is an ancient thread. It looks like a great guide, but very much compromised with the blurry photo bucket pics. Is there any way to fix this?

bondtimbond

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta package 2 - now sold
I'm the original creator of this post, but photobucket now wants to charge me money to have those photo links work properly. Anyone know a way to handle that or where to move them? I recently sold my Jetta and now no longer have a TDI :-(

Mike1581

TDI
Golf Mk V
Hi,bondtimbond, excellent post thanks. (I used the google chrome extension to allow me to view the photobucket photos).
I think imgur allows you to handle linked photos without charge.
I've also created a PDF version of your original post with all the photos included. Link provided below
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

CalBear

TDI
2013 Golf TDI
I have a 2013 Golf TDI. The L3 adjustment is not installed on this vehicle. The plastic housing completely covers this area. I even drilled thru the plastic in this area looking for the "hidden" adjustment as described above, but there was nothing there. Has anyone else encountered this? I can adjust the other two (L1 and L2/H2) points to bring the low beam into spec, but then the high beam is out of spec. Any further insight or recommendations would be welcome. Thank you.

ipacketeer

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI DSG
What generation Jetta is author writing about ? My 2006 Jetta tdi only has two adjustments points and they are not independent from one another, therefore there is no control over the high beams.