Wheel Size Assistance 2015 Sportwagen TDI S (winter steelies)

FarmerKlutz

TDI
2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Greetings All,

I'm about to take ownership on a 2015 Sportwagen TDI S 6 speed manual - (newbie to VW and looking forward to the experience.)

I've located a set of steelies on clist that came from a Passat with the advert reading as follows:

Set of 4- 15" steel wheels that fit 5 x 112 (VW Passat Mercedes Benz) just took last years blizzaks off. Don't have VW any more.

I am under the impression that my Sportwagen wheel spacing is 5 x 112.

How do I ensure/what would I need to ask the seller, without having to drive the 2 hrs to see these rims, if the wheels will work with my car?

My intention is to run winter specific tires, minus 1 sized 195/65-15 (Nokian 1st choice or Firestone, or Blizzak) mounted to a 15" steelie.

I am uncertain as to how to search the forums (that is forming the right search criteria to find this answer, if it's there at all.)

Thank you most kindly for the assistance.

FarmerKlutz

...And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Lug pattern is correct. Offset is difficult to know, but if they're originally Passat wheels they should be OK. I'd get the VW part number off the wheels. If they're not VW wheels I'd probably pass.

FarmerKlutz

TDI
2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Thank you for the assist IndigoBlueWagon. Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy T'Day.

FarmerKlutz

TDI
2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Further Clarification Please

Greetings All:

Would appreciate a bit of further assistance regarding the steelies I located.

As previously stated new to the VW Owner's Tribe and want to ensure the vehicle is well cared for. Looking for steelies on a budget for winter use only.

Based on what information I could find I think the recommended winter tire size as -1 is 195/65 15R and the wheel/rim size is 15" 5x112.

However I do not know what the offset should be?

Wheels located are stamped as follows:

6J x 15H2
VW AG DE
ET 47

T/29
05/07
IKO 60L
027C

[/IMG]

I'd appreciate assistance from an experienced TDI owner in this area.

Thank you most kindly.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
47 is the offset. Offset on your stock wheels is 46. So these will be fine. I suspect they're off an '07-8 Rabbit. And 195/65-15s are the right size tire. Lots of people here like General Altimax Artics, but they're getting hard to find. Michelin X-Ice are good too.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Whereabout you located? US is pretty big.... I have Altimax Arctics on mine, they might be redoing them if they're getting hard to find. I don't know how much you're paying for the steelies, but seems to me with all the buybacks, around my area it was pretty easy to find sets of VW alloys for a couple hundred. I put the original Winterforce tires on the '03 Jetta, I always had good luck with them before.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Check the snow wear bars of those Blizacks, they shed their winter capability pretty darn quick yet still have plenty of "meat" on the tire.

You'll see wear bars for the normal 2/32 and then another wear bar at something like 6/32 or if its close to that not much life left for great winter traction.