Vendor Accountability Thread

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Send emails rather than PMs. They are often responded to more quickly, as some vendors don't check the forums on a regular basis.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Sent a set of injectors to drivebiwire to have a set of nozzles put on last week. USPS says they were delivered last Tuesday. Drivebiwire claims 1 day turnaround time. Haven't heard anything from him and set him an email yesterday asking what the status is. Still waiting for a response.

Edit: received a response from DBW saying I have to contact kerma since I bought it through them. Contacted kerma and was told I should receive tracking in the next few days. We will see what happens.

Last edited:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
So to update, Injectors took almost 3 weeks to get back after I sent them. The workmanship was top-notch though, they looked like brand new injectors. Happy overall just wish I wasn't lead to believe that there was a one day turnaround time.

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
You do know any diesel shop has the equipment to set up these injectors pd or alh. I use a local shop and they are a 1/3 the cost of what he charges.
Maybe your local can do the injectors, but your average diesel shop doesn't have a clue how to work on VE injectors correctly, and PD injectors are even more complicated.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
Send emails rather than PMs. They are often responded to more quickly, as some vendors don't check the forums on a regular basis.
Ok, I gave that a try:
On 8/21, I sent an email to info@dutchautoparts.com describing the damage and the lack of response I was getting to my PMs on TDIClub.
On 8/26, Frans replied and asked me again what date it was shipped. I immediately replied via email with the same details I provided on 7/14.
Since then, I've received no response.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
User "2002tdi" requested a core BRM turbo, I had one, agreed to ship it to him for just the cost of shipping which was less than $27. I never got a dime, and sent him several PMs. Over a month ago. :mad:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=445192
Like the old saying "No good deed goes unpunished".

$27 is pretty fair for what he was asking for. Some people, I just don't get them...:confused:

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Kerma TDI shipping timeliness?

I purchased an OMI from Kerma on Nov. 30th, and received an email stating that my item had shipped the next day. A week and half later, the order had still not even been filled. After contacting them I was informed there was "a slight delay in shipping, and it would not ship until next week." That will be almost 3 weeks since I ordered it...I would not consider that a "slight delay" in shipping.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Or is this an isolated incident. As a first time customer, this is quite discouraging.

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI

I purchased an OMI from Kerma on Nov. 30th, and received an email stating that my item had shipped the next day. A week and half later, the order had still not even been filled. After contacting them I was informed there was "a slight delay in shipping, and it would not ship until next week." That will be almost 3 weeks since I ordered it...I would not consider that a "slight delay" in shipping.
Anyone else have a similar experience? Or is this an isolated incident. As a first time customer, this is quite discouraging.
I've only ordered 1 thing from them before. I needed to purchase another item from them a few weeks ago... I called their phone number, left emails... apparently they didn't want my business because no one ever responded back. To think, all I needed was a damn straight silicone coupler. I hate the "run around." Give it to me straight, like a fine glass of whiskey, not curvy, like a banana. You know?

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I've only ordered 1 thing from them before. I needed to purchase another item from them a few weeks ago... I called their phone number, left emails... apparently they didn't want my business because no one ever responded back. To think, all I needed was a damn straight silicone coupler. I hate the "run around." Give it to me straight, like a fine glass of whiskey, not curvy, like a banana. You know?
Word.

Last edited:

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Cole
Sorry about the OMI, we unexpectedly ran out but they should be back in stock in a few days. A shipping label was printed the same day we thought it was shipping, and tracking was e-mailed when the label was printed. Everyone affected was supposed to have been notified. Jason says contact him directly at 970-688-5306 (direct line) and we will make it up to you and make it worth your while.

Panthersfan: send me an e-mail to tuning at kermatdi dot com and I will personally see that you get taken care of. I am also talking with Jason right now and you can call him directly at the number if you prefer. Or Jason at kermatdi dot com. I have no idea how we could have completely missed a series of e-mails and phone calls. Every e-mail to info at kermatdi.com gets sent to more than a dozen individuals including myself. We make it a point to answer EVERY ONE within MINUTES if we can. If it goes unanswered for a day that is too long. (but sometimes weekends are the exception, they might get answered on Monday but I still personally handle many on the weekends- and it is nearly midnight right now for example and at least two of us are at it still.) We take pride in our responsiveness earning business from guys who first tried contacting other companies, this is one of the reasons for our success. IMO. So having missed repeated attempts at contact is somewhat unprecedented. If you would contact me with your e-mail or phone number that was used to contact us, I can probably track down the communications and put the puzzle together. (but right now I don't have any way to know who you are) If we can determine that we dropped the ball, we'll just send you the coupler you need for free. But send me the info please. (BTW which e-mail did you try to contact?)

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Cole
Sorry about the OMI, we unexpectedly ran out but they should be back in stock in a few days. A shipping label was printed the same day we thought it was shipping, and tracking was e-mailed when the label was printed. Everyone affected was supposed to have been notified. Jason says contact him directly at 970-688-5306 (direct line) and we will make it up to you and make it worth your while.
Wow!!! That is some incredible customer service. Thank you, I will call tomorrow (well I guess later this morning). A++ on that front.

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI

Cole
Panthersfan: send me an e-mail to tuning at kermatdi dot com and I will personally see that you get taken care of. I am also talking with Jason right now and you can call him directly at the number if you prefer. Or Jason at kermatdi dot com. I have no idea how we could have completely missed a series of e-mails and phone calls. Every e-mail to info at kermatdi.com gets sent to more than a dozen individuals including myself. We make it a point to answer EVERY ONE within MINUTES if we can. If it goes unanswered for a day that is too long. (but sometimes weekends are the exception, they might get answered on Monday but I still personally handle many on the weekends- and it is nearly midnight right now for example and at least two of us are at it still.) We take pride in our responsiveness earning business from guys who first tried contacting other companies, this is one of the reasons for our success. IMO. So having missed repeated attempts at contact is somewhat unprecedented. If you would contact me with your e-mail or phone number that was used to contact us, I can probably track down the communications and put the puzzle together. (but right now I don't have any way to know who you are) If we can determine that we dropped the ball, we'll just send you the coupler you need for free. But send me the info please. (BTW which e-mail did you try to contact?)
I appreciate the reply back. The silicone coupler is no longer needed. All the products I've bought from you have been great quality though.

I sent you a pm on something I'm interested in purchasing.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I feel bad reading all these issues to members from Vendors but it is a great way of speaking out and try to stop the wrong doing form vendors in our beloved TDI club.

But I must say too that we have to give all the credit and props to those Vendors that are in the flying color categories, Vendors that are outstanding in PR and very reliable and trustworthy,,, here I express my sincere thanks to some of these vendors that ever since I have been in this forum they all have demonstrated class act all the way around by hitting the ball out of the park.

I am sure that mistakes can be made from any vendor and I am sure that class act Vendors also make a mistakes unknowingly and they correct it

Here are a few on my outstanding list

1)Bora Parts Aaron
2) Justin Oldpoopie
3)Peter ID parts
4)Jeff RC

the order above means nothing they are all top notch vendors and please this is only my point of view,, go TDI!!!!

Last edited:

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
I am sure that mistakes can be made from any vendor and I am sure that class act Vendors also make a mistakes unknowingly and they correct it
That reminds me about a good experience I had with IDParts recently. I ordered an exhaust for my MKIV Golf and there were some issues getting it fabricated. In the end, it wasn't what I expected and they cheerfully gave me a full refund. I've ordered lots of stuff from them over the last 10+ years and this is the only problem with an order that I can remember and they dealt with it promptly and professionally.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
This is kind of necessary because I have depleted my patience and Matt Whitbread is not just found to deal with this issue so I'm forced to post my experience here and I am trying to locate him, I shipped to him new 0658 gears and $$$ about 6 month ago so he can do my tranny and turbo, he promised and guaranteed me that the whole project would be done in two weeks after receiving $$$ and new .658 gear,,,, ,, he just disappeared from the face of the earth, no answering phone or texts ,, Then here I am 6 month into it and do not know anything about him, I got an invoice from him and copy of the check that I mailed to him as well as the shipping receipt for the 658 gears

What really gets me is that he said on the phone that he had quit his job to concentrate on his shop, that now he had all the time to work on my project and would not have any issues from now on to answer any of my calls and the rest of the members.

I am ready to post check and Invoice from him if necessary so I can prove this matter. Believe me I have tried everything possible to resolve this issue and I have always come to a dead end

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
not within sight still

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Just seen this.
I've heard from Matt via Email so have forwarded him a link to this post in case he missed it.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Just seen this.
I've heard from Matt via Email so have forwarded him a link to this post in case he missed it.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Cheers

Txs Ryan for your help

Whitbread

TDI
Several
I have been extremely hard to reach by many people because I'm putting every second and dollar I have into of the largest steps in my personal life and for my business. As I mentioned in another thread and have told many people, I'm moving house and shop 3 hours north and building the new shop. I've cleared the land, did 95% of the excavation, helped build the concrete forms and pouring, right now as heavily involved in erecting the structure, and I am finishing the entire inside of the shop with the help of 2 friends.

This was all supper to happen and be done by thanksgiving, so in early November I had to drop everything I was doing and started packing my shop up and hauling cars, customer parts (including your transmission and turbo parts Robert), and small tools/equipment up to the new location. Then some large delays happened which has pushed the time line to where it is now.

If I returned every call, email, or text I have missed while moving my parents out of their condo, moving my personal stuff from my condo, moving the things from my shop thus far, and all the time I've put into the new shop building, I would be on the phone or computer for 4 days straight. At the current moment, my highest priority is dedicating every waking minute to getting the new shop done so I can finish moving my current shop and get back to work and get customer jobs finished.

Since you made it sound like I'm a terrible business operation Robert and run away with people money, I think the rest of the club here needs to know some facts. The job that Robert thinks I ran away with his check on is a 1756vk turbo kit and a light built 02j. The deal we agreed on for covering the labor of both the trans and turbo kit is he traded me a low mile bew out of a wreck and I was going to sell him parts 5% over cost. Now because I'm not making anything off of this deal and I have substantial overhead to cover every month, my end of the deal was he needed to pay for all of the parts up front. He only sent a check for ~2/3 of the parts total, not the full amount as I asked. On the transmission parts, he didn't like the price I quoted him for a .658 5th gear so he insisted on sourcing his own. I couldn't send any of the gears to cryo until I had the 5th gear from him. Once I finally got the 5th gear 4-6 weeks later, I sent everything out for cryo and a few days after I got them back, I got the initial time quote of supposedly having my new shop don't by thanksgiving so I had to drop everything I was doing and start packing. It seems like it was very easily forgotten that when I was building your race motor/trans last time, I sent the motor/trans to you when you still owed over $2k on the bill. Good luck finding any other vendor that would do that for someone they've never met that lives on the opposite coast.

This is what the new shop looks like as of 530 today.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I have been extremely hard to reach by many people because I'm putting every second and dollar I have into of the largest steps in my personal life and for my business. As I mentioned in another thread and have told many people, I'm moving house and shop 3 hours north and building the new shop. I've cleared the land, did 95% of the excavation, helped build the concrete forms and pouring, right now as heavily involved in erecting the structure, and I am finishing the entire inside of the shop with the help of 2 friends.
This was all supper to happen and be done by thanksgiving, so in early November I had to drop everything I was doing and started packing my shop up and hauling cars, customer parts (including your transmission and turbo parts Robert), and small tools/equipment up to the new location. Then some large delays happened which has pushed the time line to where it is now.
If I returned every call, email, or text I have missed while moving my parents out of their condo, moving my personal stuff from my condo, moving the things from my shop thus far, and all the time I've put into the new shop building, I would be on the phone or computer for 4 days straight. At the current moment, my highest priority is dedicating every waking minute to getting the new shop done so I can finish moving my current shop and get back to work and get customer jobs finished.
Since you made it sound like I'm a terrible business operation Robert and run away with people money, I think the rest of the club here needs to know some facts. The job that Robert thinks I ran away with his check on is a 1756vk turbo kit and a light built 02j. The deal we agreed on for covering the labor of both the trans and turbo kit is he traded me a low mile bew out of a wreck and I was going to sell him parts 5% over cost. Now because I'm not making anything off of this deal and I have substantial overhead to cover every month, my end of the deal was he needed to pay for all of the parts up front. He only sent a check for ~2/3 of the parts total, not the full amount as I asked. On the transmission parts, he didn't like the price I quoted him for a .658 5th gear so he insisted on sourcing his own. I couldn't send any of the gears to cryo until I had the 5th gear from him. Once I finally got the 5th gear 4-6 weeks later, I sent everything out for cryo and a few days after I got them back, I got the initial time quote of supposedly having my new shop don't by thanksgiving so I had to drop everything I was doing and start packing. It seems like it was very easily forgotten that when I was building your race motor/trans last time, I sent the motor/trans to you when you still owed over $2k on the bill. Good luck finding any other vendor that would do that for someone they've never met that lives on the opposite coast.
This is what the new shop looks like as of 530 today.
Matt when you do a business of any kind with anyone you do NOT promise and give a word or agree something that you would not deliver and along the way you get your personal matters as an excuse to cover up for the delays for your irresponsibility,, our recent issues your promise was within 2 weeks to get it done !!! it is now approx. 6 months no calls in return or nothing, do I feel that you are running away with my money and parts of course I do, a person that does a business need to back up his agreements,, let's back track a little bit between you and I,,, as an example last engine 2.0TDI you put together, we started dealing on this since 2010, it took you 4,5 years to built it when you agreed and promised to build it within 6 months I got the engine at the beginning of 2015,, you have an unprofessional twisted pattern Matt sorry to tell you,,, one thing I can attest to you I am a business owner myself and your professing and reassuring to do something at a given time then you take a money and disappear without a trace, it is not a good practice in our field..

Lets talk clear and cut the BS Matt lay out the facts here with invoices and evidence, first off the turbo is NOT a 1756vk it is a 2260VK, I never agreed to send over to you full amount where did you get that from???I agree 50% but sent you approx. 80% of invoice and I do NOT owe you 2 grand I owe you $1,000,00 on this invoice remember quick book is a tell tell story, cause I was clear to you that if it was done like you promised me within two weeks I would send you more which I did, knowing from my last experience on my 4.5 year long voyage with your BS, I would have been a fool to have paid you in full.

Matt if you want to play naked poker with me I am willing to do I can post invoice my ck and .658 gear, 2260vk turbo, with dates and all,, I am coming really close to do that so members can judge and see, quick book invoice showing all parts 2260vk turbo and all.
You shipped me last engine after 1000 phone calls texts and all and you felt so bad that it was close to 5 years when you finish the built, I paid you 55% of invoice by 1st year then i waited for you to finish it, then you solely made the decision to ship it before paying it off,, then Matt how long did it take me to send the check after receiving crate with engine in it?? you got full payment within week I am a straight shooter with dignity I do not BS Matt.

I am realizing now that I am not the only one that you have gone through this issues with you, so this is a pattern from you,,, you may or may NOT run with the money but keeping their money and not fulfilling your pact, agreements for me or anybody it is a bad business to begin with, being full of lies, no one needs to beg you and chase you after payment have been made after all.

All I hear excuses about my house here, girlfriend breaking up, shop there, my parents moved over there, what does this have to do with your business and agreements?,,, same behavior from last dealing with you with the 2.0 TDI,,, so why not be straight up, a good businessman takes whatever he can handle and deal as he goes along, you just do NOT play with anybody financial estate and think that is cool.

Where is the blessed promise you said to me, I quit my regular job now I will have time for all members and you can call me anytime I will answer ?? Do you recall this? Full of white lies.

I am all ears and eyes Matt you make the call which table you would like to play the poker??

Txs Ryan for getting Matt to reply I am sure that if it was not for you,,,he would have ran like a bandit for a while in a hide and seek mode.

Last edited:

gdengine

TDI
2002 Jetta
You shipped me last engine after 1000 phone calls texts and all and you felt so bad that it was close to 5 years when you finish the built
The most mind boggling part about this (assuming your claim is to be taken as truth) is that you went back to him a second time....:confused:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
The most mind boggling part about this (assuming your claim is to be taken as truth) is that you went back to him a second time....:confused:

I am a guy that understand that sometimes as human being we make a mistake and I give always a person a second time maybe I am too trustworthy but how he sweeet talked into me, he convinced me and fell on his trap again.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
I am a guy that understand that sometimes as human being we make a mistake and I give always a person a second time maybe I am too trustworthy but how he sweeet talked into me, he convinced me and fell on his trap again.
MAXRPM, I understand your reason for posting in this thread. I genuinely hope that you and Whitbread can resolve things. But posting things like the above post is going beyond trying to have matters resolved, you are just bashing him now. No place for that, this is a vendor accountability thread, not a bashing thread.

Personally I have never dealt with Whitbread, so I'm saying this without bias toward either one of you.

Best wishes to both of you, and I hope things can be resolved soon.

Cokecan42

TDI
Golf 1.9
Bad Guru

Back several months ago I paid a man $3500.00 to rebuild my Golf tdi bew.
This person totally messed up my motor. There is oil that literally runs out of my exhaust after about 40 miles.
I carried the car back to him and it sat in his garage for over 2 months . This person was telling me he had taken the motor out and carried it to a machine shop and got it magna fluxed . He told me the man at the machine shop found a crack in the block. He was relaying all this information to me. I was telling him to tell the man at the machine shop to call me. This man that was doing the rebuild had already started looking for a block. I even went as far as to ask for the machine shop's name and ph number so I could ask about this cracked block myself, again no response back.
I started getting suspicious when he would not answer my phone calls, would not answer my text messages, so my son and I went and rented a car trailer form U-haul. Oh by the way, I have a total of $1500.00 in fuel and rentals on U-haul going back and forth to this person to get my car fixed, and still it's not fixed!
My son and I went down and I called him about 50 yards from his house, no answer. Then the phone rang, it was him! I told him I was there to get my car. He said I couldn't, I said bull****.
He said he could not help me get it out of his garage, I told him my son was there to help with that.
We went down and he opened the door, I walked over raised the hood on my car and the engine was sitting right in place, I said imagine that. I looked over and said don't stand there and tell me you pulled the engine, had them magna flux the engine and put it back, he said I did and I told him I didn't believe him. Five minutes later he had admitted he didn't touch the engine for 2 months. Lied to me the whole time.
So thats the story. Paid the man and he didn't do the job he was suppose to have.
I am giving him a chance to do the right thing and give me my money back.....OR I'm going to create a link on Google and post all my evidence. This will show what he was suppose to do, but didn't, an itemized list of everything. I will also post pictures where you can see the oil dripping out of my exhaust.

Then the last action I will take, pending the outcome of the post from the link, will be file a law suit against him.
Galatians 6:7

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.