Conti tires

edinva

DOes anyone else have a 2001 Golf GLS TDI with the Continental Contact tires? I thought they used only goodsmears and michelins. If so, what do you think of them. I did not think much of the good smears on my 97 Jetta and switched to Yokohamas which are leaps and bounds better. I have yet to try Michelins

------------------
2001 Golf TDI GLS silver

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Hi edinva, Welcome to the Fred's Page. I'm fairly new myself. There is a wealth of information and some super friendships on this forum. In a former life I drove a vehicle with continental tires, but nothing like the Contact that is out now.

We're having a GTG in Burlington NC on December 15, 16. Check the meetings, clubs, gatgherings section for some information and sign up threads. It might be a good place to meet some other TDI'ers.

Take Care, David

------------------
Driv'n EZ (David) & Mz. Sue
"Magic Dragon" is a 2K Silver/Black Jetta GLS Lux CD UpSolute Software & TB, Descreened, PCV snorkel, Ram Air Intake, Red Enamel Calipers, confirmed member of the Epsilonian Empire

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Congratulations on your wise purchase and welcome to the Forum!

VW of America buys their tires from several suppliers, according to pricing and availability. On the assembly line, they might use Michelins all day long, then the next day it could be the Badyears, then the Continentals.

After doing a little research, I insisted that my ride have the Michelin MXV4's or I wouldn't take delivery of the vehicle.

The Conti's on your ride should be OK and definately are an upgrade to the Goodyear Eagles, which tend to fly like a turkey or as a penguin, like the Forum's resident Gadfly!

------------------
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed: Silver & Gray / Luxury & CWP, Monsoon & CD. Engine Modifications

[This message has been edited by Turbo Steve (edited November 12, 2000).]