What did you do to your car today?

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Hot and Dirty

Volks:

I just finished doing an intake manifold cleaning on Liath, our '03 Jetta. Not the best day to do this because the temperature is in the 90's and the humidity is through the roof, but it is done. Everything went smoothly and I got a ton of carbon out or the EGR valve and manifold. I am estimating that the manifold was restricted in the 60-75% range. Throttle response is greatly improved, and, hopefully, this will also solve the issue with my intermittently sticking ASV.

Dan

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Change out lenses ........ Why is it frickin pouring rain in Kaliformia in June ???????? This is not Quebec...

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Baby's got new shoes.

Just got 4 new tires for the Golf today. The Yokohama YK520's I had on it were getting a little old at around 70K miles on them, so I replaced them with another set of YK520's. $522 at Discount Tire, installed with tax, and I'm getting $40 back on the rebate. Not too bad.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW
Thanks . .

:)

We all simply knew that you would see the light eventually! :p

Most that enter their F E on Fuelly do not even bother to list their odometer readings.

It is refreshing to find those like yourself that do. Thanks.

:D

D

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2001, White, Leather
4 new Bosio DLC 1019's with new bodies.
Removed my rear Koni Reds and put back on my Bilstein TC sports with new upper mounts. Fronts come later......
New H&R rear swaybar. Man those axle clamps were a pain in the arse.

Hey, should i bother doing the hammer mod with a IQ of 3.5 at idle ??? A 100 either way on the value via VCDS either puts my IQ at 3.1 or 5.9

dave

02DslPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, TDI
Installed a new battery in the wife's '07 New Beetle. I was a little worried when I looked at how burried the battery is, but it really wasn't hard to swap out. Just needed a few tools.

4 years out of the oem battery seems pretty good!

chfscott

TDI
2011 Sportwagen,DSG
Installed the DG plate this morning, seemed to go fairly smooth, about three hours start to finish w/cleanup. Probably the only mod I would preform, it does make me feel a little better knowing it's there.

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr. Guetta - 2014 Jetta TDI Trimline +
Friggin' stealerships...sigh.

Got the car in after only two days, so that's good...but it spent another 2 days in the shop. Grr.

Pretty tough to test the car if you don't put in the 3 fuses I told you I'd taken out for testing!! FAIL.

Once the door module was replaced, I solved the $550 problem you said I had by replacing said 3 fuses. FAIL again.

Good to have a VW that doesn't set off it's own alarm every 10 mins...but really...REALLY?

-M.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Got the car in after only two days, so that's good...but it spent another 2 days in the shop. Grr.
Pretty tough to test the car if you don't put in the 3 fuses I told you I'd taken out for testing!! FAIL.
Once the door module was replaced, I solved the $550 problem you said I had by replacing said 3 fuses. FAIL again.
Good to have a VW that doesn't set off it's own alarm every 10 mins...but really...REALLY?
-M.
What was your car doing that required you to get them to try and diagnose it?!?!

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
What was your car doing that required you to get them to try and diagnose it?!?!
Hey Mr. blizzard60,

The alarm was going off by itself, due to the door fault. I received a couple of 'polite' notes on my window (parking on the street)

Also, the open-door tone and interior lights were flashing or on constantly. Bit annoying actually...because it didn't localize to one door (Driver's) so I was at my wit's end. I unplugged the 3 fuses just so my Central Locking and alarm horn were turned off...can't keep the neighbours up all night ;)

-M.

Last edited:

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
So in the end was it a door module? Or the CCM itself?

Yeah, that would drive me nuts too ;)
Friggin' door module, but the Stealership was convinced I needed a new Window Motor...WTH? Like I posted, I solved me own problem with the 3 fuses.

Good job on the door module...but 2 days?

-M.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Friggin' door module, but the Stealership was convinced I needed a new Window Motor...WTH? Like I posted, I solved me own problem with the 3 fuses.
Good job on the door module...but 2 days?
-M.
Classic... There are always communication issues between the advisors and the techs. Ask to talk directly to the tech who will be working on your car. Explain to him (or her) what you've done tried. The advisors just don't write it down or follow up.

Did you post a WTB for a door module? I'm sure someone here could of sold you one cheap ;)

Glad you got it fixed though!

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
Classic... There are always communication issues between the advisors and the techs. Ask to talk directly to the tech who will be working on your car. Explain to him (or her) what you've done tried. The advisors just don't write it down or follow up.
Did you post a WTB for a door module? I'm sure someone here could of sold you one cheap ;)
Glad you got it fixed though!
Got a small discount for the Door Module,

Just angry that a simple thing like fuses could go overlooked by the largest Auto company in the world.

-M.

meducky

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2013 Passat
Got the oil and filter change, fuel filter replaced , left drive shaft and front left abs sensor and also changed the clutch and flywheel (14lbs single mass). Very happy with the change.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Got the oil and filter change, fuel filter replaced , left drive shaft and front left abs sensor and also changed the clutch and flywheel (14lbs single mass). Very happy with the change.
any car that can survive 440,000kms in brutal quebec roads and environment and one of the nastiest winters in North America is one tough pony or must be very well maintained....

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
Installed a new alternator, tensioner, idler pulley, and serpentine belt.

Wow does 11 years of Minnesota winters and salt ever make removing the alternator a PITA !!! Even with a pry bar.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
20k service with IdParts Parts (Mann) all around. then I pulled off the crappy lining in the engine cover and mounted some heat/insulation matting that I had around. similar to dynamat but not so pricy. worked pretty good and no more of that flaky liner material.

Need to get online and buy some ball joints and tie rod ends...RF is going bad fast and I need to replace it. ugh... 161k miles, I guess I can't complain.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Got tires/rims swapped out and balanced and the new rims mounted on the Jetta. Now I have snows for the Beetle mounted and ready to go.
Thanks Jorry for the rims and snow tires without breaking the bank!

:DKeli