2004 Jetta TDI/DD Monsoon stereo CD changer trouble

scanchattanooga

TDI
2004 Jetta
I've got a 2004 Jetta TDI with the double DIN Monsoon stereo. Car has the CD changer cable assembly in the trunk, and I bought a USASpec DF-VW interface box so I could plug it up and link my iPod audio into the Monsoon. But, it doesn't work... just says NO CD whenever I try to access it. Have pulled the head unit and checked to make sure the cable is plugged up, disconnected and reconnected the battery, no go.

Any ideas? I'd heard somewhere that some of these radios came programmed from the factory such that they wouldn't recognize anything plugged up to the CD changer plug. If this is the case, am I SOL or can this be fixed by reprogramming with VAGCOM?

--mws
http://www.scanchattanooga.com/

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Look at your plugs for the Phat Box and CD changer cable in the trunk very carefully. On mine, the plug did not fit together properly and I forced it and pushed one of the wire connectors in the plug so it would not make contact and I kept getting the "No CD". I ended up cutting the connectors off and soldering the Phat Box cable directly to the CD changer cable. Make darn sure this is the problem first because you have about 15 tiny wires in those cables that must be matched correctly.

--Nate