Emissions Compliant

oldhifi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
Looking at 2015 Golf S TDI, dealer wants $14.5 say's emissions compliant, can I verify this thru VW dealer? what does that mean they fixed it and is legal in all states? car only has 25k miles

TKS!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Court settlement is for money, any VW dealer should be able to look up for any open recalls. Emissions was primary a recall and the courts forced VW to pay owners for their troubles. Chances are there is no more VWoA money left.

For the '15 there was a software fix for phase one, phase 2 is hardware and software.

I imagine this is on a used car lot not associated with a VW dealer? You know how long the car has been on the lot? chances are it has phase 1 but not phase 2. A VW dealer can verify if phase 2 has been applied through their recall software, have the listing dealer do the phase 2 before you buy, or use it as a negotiating tactic.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Looking at 2015 Golf S TDI, dealer wants $14.5 say's emissions compliant, can I verify this thru VW dealer? what does that mean they fixed it and is legal in all states? car only has 25k miles

TKS!
When I bought my 2015 Passat, it came with extra emission stickers under the hood and an extra warranty booklet that explained the extended warranty on the drivetrain and emission system. It also had the airbag recall performed.

You don't have to worry about if the car has the emission fix or not. VW will not sell any cars to the dealership unless the cars have had phase-1 fix and all recalls are completed.

Drive more and worry less

:)