What should I do? Totalled Jetta TDI MKIV

Sub Groove

TDI
2000 Jetta
Why are people so CARELESS!! it is with great regret I am letting go of my beloved, ZERO rust, 2000 Jetta TDI 5-Speed. Asking $1,900 obo for the car.

Last week, someone FLEW through an intersection and T-boned me on the passeger side. Both doors are toast as is the B-Pillar. The insurance has issued a C.O.D. and totalled the car. A great shame as the car drives just as great it did before. No damage to the undercarriage/ suspension etc. COLD A/C and all options work. Original manuals, sealed factory VHS tape, and tool kit/spare. No rips in the seats.. Every panel is rust-free and dent free, except for the 2 doors.

New brakes
Diesel Geek 33 piece timing belt kit/water pump (at 187k)
New headliner
Diesel Geek Short Shift kit
Diesel Geek Shifter box bushing kit.
Current mileage is 221,400.

A video of the car driving, taken today, 7/11/18 can be seen here: https://youtu.be/z76pAlkUfjM

Last edited:

Zeitgeist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Variant and Vanagon mTDI
The donor for my Vanagon swap was an '01 Mk4 Jetta with 204k. I preemptively pulled the head and found lots of coking from the EGR, but the valves and cylinder walls looked like it only had 20k. No ridge and lots of cross-hatching on the cyls. These are impressive engines.

Sub Groove

TDI
2000 Jetta
The donor for my Vanagon swap was an '01 Mk4 Jetta with 204k. I preemptively pulled the head and found lots of coking from the EGR, but the valves and cylinder walls looked like it only had 20k. No ridge and lots of cross-hatching on the cyls. These are impressive engines.
They certainly are!