Regional Chapters?

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Dare I say it? More forums?

No but should we appoint people in a state or region basis that would enjoy being the local ambassa-doer for that region?

We have an informal on here in michigan but no official contact listed anywhere.

Maybe a Listing of people that are willing to spend time showing someone the ropes or reccomending places for supplies/service?

maybe it would be possible to set up a distribution listserver type of thing for the dissemination of chapter meetings?

just thinking, this idea occured to me a bit ago thought I would share and see if anyone had any comments . ..

chutzpah

Veteran Member
I think that it would be a really good idea to have regional discussions (Where's the next GTG? Can someone help me tear apart my car this weekend? What dealer won't swindle me?) to a place that parallels Fred's. I believe that could make this an even more vibrant place. And the GTG junkies know that people like to have contact with nearby TDIers.

Mailing list services like eGroups might be what we're looking for. I doubt that we want an explosion of regional forums here.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
yeah you are right - I have a mailing list put together and well I could just distribute the names to everyone if desired . . .

maybe I can look into setting up a listserver type program .. .