W12 left over after bently v6 tdi swap

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
It's interesting, that's for sure.

I'm a fan of the Phaeton, always wanted an 04 in the aubergine lacquer with black interior but they're too much of a pig for my wallet and maintenance would probably kill me because of how complex they are.

I never did want a W12 car though, and I would have preferred it had VW brought the Phaeton with the V6 tdi to the US...now that would be a car I'd probably suffer through maintenance wise to drive.

Just don't make me buy one with the Sonnen beige interior....ick.

Steve

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
That swap would be really tough to pull off this side of the pond since the tdi phaeton was never offered in the states. An importer or individual would have to really jump through hoops to get the drivetrain here and even then it would probably be illegal.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I never did want a W12 car though, and I would have preferred it had VW brought the Phaeton with the V6 tdi to the US...now that would be a car I'd probably suffer through maintenance wise to drive.
For me this would be a v10-equipped car. :)

If you go on mobile.de people are practically giving such cars away...probably because they are prohibitively expensive to fuel in Europe.