Mercedes Unimog TDI ALH powered conversion, harness done by OttoStadt

adphil

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 a4 b7 quattro bhw swapped, 2003 lifted Jetta Wagon Alh , 1983 mercedes om 617 4speed manual
Glad to hear ! I always loved that truck and wondered what happened with it chamo!... Hope to see it and meet you again in a near future ! I m also glad to hear it's in good hands with Dave

Chamo

TDI
2004 TDI Wagon & UNIMOG 404 1962 TDI Stage 2
Glad to hear ! I always loved that truck and wondered what happened with it chamo!... Hope to see it and meet you again in a near future ! I m also glad to hear it's in good hands with Dave
Hi Adphil.

It works great & I am very very satisfied with the help from David.

Starting the overdrive modification this Winter.

Will start the construction of of the camper V 1.0 this Spring / Summer. Complex functionality to engineer as I want to keep the crane as well as arrange it so it fits inside a 20' ISO container; & of course fix (again) the power steering.

Will be going to Mtl sometimes this Spring for a magazine article with the PinZ TDI. Maybe we can meet then.

Will likely go to St-Jérome area again this Summer & hope to do a Fall trip in the Toronto area but only by small country roads... Moggy is absolutely & utterly allergic to highways ;)

These are all plans & consequently are subject to change without warning as there are other things in life too ;)

See ya :)

NM_Mogman

TDI
None yet
Pinzgauer TDI....

I was wondering if you could share some info on the Pinzgauer with the TDI? I have an 718M Pinzgauer that is in need of a new motor and have been considering an M-TDI swap. The Pinz came with the VW/Volvo D24T but it needs to be rebuilt. The problem is finding the parts as there were apparently about a go zillion variations (many within the same year and model) of the darn thing. I would be interested to get a little firsthand feedback on how it all worked out!

Thanks,

Phil

Andy_Beezy

TDI
2004 MK4 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat B5.5 TDI
Hi. Sorry to revive this old thread, but I've been looking at doing the same thing that you've done except with the BHW. (I have a passat just hanging out). How did you remedy the starter issue and do you think the machinist you used could make another adapter?

Sweet Mog nonetheless.

Cheers,
Andy