www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 15:57   #1
watercharged

Talking Willing to pay for help in SW Washington

Hello, I just recently purchased a 02' Jetta tdi. I'm looking to replace the timing belt and clean the intake manifold. I would like to learn about this motor while someone works on it with me. I don't have many tools or a good place to work on it. So, I'm looking for someone who has some expertise with these motors, and a willingness to teach me as well. I am willing to pay them with cash, beer, etc... I also consider myself to be a pretty amicable guy who people enjoy hanging out with. I live in the Columbia River Gorge about an hour east of Portland. I'm willing to drive an hour or so to work on the car with someone. Let me know if any of you guys in my area are interested in helping a feller' out! Cheers-- Will Pruett
watercharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 17:28   #2
Ed's TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.7 / 5.1 / 4.5 L/100km

If you're stuck for a place to take your car, I can highly recommend Fix'Um Haus in Portland. Rich is a long-time TDI Club supporter and a stand up guy.

Another option might be to get in touch with Old Poopie if he's still in the "area" and see if he's willing to meet up and maybe do some one-on-one instruction while you work on your car. You'd have to work out price with him (not even sure if he actually does this) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Ed's TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 18:18   #3
whitedog
Veteran Member

First: I agree with Ed.

Second: ED! You must be super busy because I hardly ever see you around anymore.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 11:15   #4
Brian O'Dell

Fuel Economy: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercharged View Post
Hello, I just recently purchased a 02' Jetta tdi. I'm looking to replace the timing belt and clean the intake manifold. I would like to learn about this motor while someone works on it with me. I don't have many tools or a good place to work on it. So, I'm looking for someone who has some expertise with these motors, and a willingness to teach me as well. I am willing to pay them with cash, beer, etc... I also consider myself to be a pretty amicable guy who people enjoy hanging out with. I live in the Columbia River Gorge about an hour east of Portland. I'm willing to drive an hour or so to work on the car with someone. Let me know if any of you guys in my area are interested in helping a feller' out! Cheers-- Will Pruett
Will,

Did you ever find someone?

Brian
Brian O'Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 11:09   #5
AK islandr

Fuel Economy: 47 mpg on petrol diesel, runs 75 miles on reserve

Rich at Fix'Um Haus in Portland has done my timing belt, replaced the fuel pump, replaced my manifold and installed Malone chipping. He and his staff are good folks. I drove from Alaska just to have him do my pump. He has my vote.
84 Maroon Honda Accord LX 5 spd
81 Red Kawasaki GPz 550
AK islandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2018, 09:32   #6
whitedog
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian O'Dell View Post
Will,
Did you ever find someone?
Brian
Probably we will never know. It looks like a one-and-done.
Old April 21st, 2020, 21:09   #7
watercharged

Wow, sorry I left you guys hanging. I ended up using Rich at Fixumhaus for my 02's timing belt. He did a great job. Now, I have an 03 Wagon im converting to run on veggie oil. Wondering if anyone could help me with my A/C as the tank is inside the car and will be heating up the can alot come summer time... Cheers
watercharged is offline   Reply With Quote