OIL leak saga pt 2

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Beater Passat. Real piece
Have any oil leak back side of motor. Took to dealership they said it was valve cover and not covered. R2d the valve cover again it was fine. Seen it is the cam cradle leaking . So I sealed it with some rtv seems to be holding. Still have an oil leak. I'm convinced it's coming from the headgasket. My car is always regening and it burns the oil off and can always smell it at idle in the cab. So I will either delete it . Or pull the head but dont have all the special tools for cam timing for the reinstall. I think delete is my best option and live life with the leak

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
deletes are always good, but won't solve any head issues.

What the oil consumption on the car?

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I had a passenger side oil leak also and noticed some drips where I parked and a fully soaked oil pan insulator blanket. Solved the leak by tightening the cam/valve cover bolts on the back side ever so slightly. I will be replacing the gasket once the weather warms up but for now (2+ months) no leaks.

I used Simple Green spray and plenty of hose water to clean everything up, smells better too. Good luck, John

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
Gotta top it off every 3 weeks or so maybe 1/2 qt. but i attempted to tighten cam cradle down and then RTV'd the is. which took care of that leak but still leaking from somewhere thats why i suspect the head gasket. a delete would just really prevent the oil burning smell which is a concern for me sometimes. ideally i would like to fix it completely ive r2'd plenty of headgaskets in my day but im sure this engine uses all sorts of special tools.

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
No matter where i go i leave oil. entire back side of the motor is soaked

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
Couldn't quite tell you I guess one I'm retarded I didn't think about adding to my previous post for part 2 is post dealership fix turbo oil feed and return banjo bolts that they said was the culprit