Bucking at consistent low speeds

the_dingman

TDI
11 Jetta TDI 6spd
2011, 6 speed manual. I'm having issues with the car bucking and jerking at consistent speeds, with it especially noticeable on a slight downhill. It feels like a misfire, and happens at all temperatures. I can most replicate it at 25MPH (3rd gear), trying to keep that specific speed. A slow drive in 1st gear, like traveling around a parking lot at slow speeds will seem to do it too.

I know, it sounds like too high of a gear for a low speed. The indicator often wants me in the next gear up - and this is my 9th manual transmission vehicle (and I've never killed a clutch :)

I'm concerned about the fuel pump issue, but this doesn't seem to affect anything at higher speeds.

Any thoughts?

spooality

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 6MT
Have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor? I'm having a similar issue in my 2012 JSW with 6-speed. Somebody suggested it might be the MAF, so I unplugged and drove around for a bit and the bucking and jerking stopped. Now I just need to replace the sensor.

edma

TDI
'13 Jetta HL
Have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor? I'm having a similar issue in my 2012 JSW with 6-speed. Somebody suggested it might be the MAF, so I unplugged and drove around for a bit and the bucking and jerking stopped. Now I just need to replace the sensor.
When you did this, did your glow plug light flash?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I had a problem with my egr sticking open so blanked it off, it also got rid of a random miss I was getting. It's a 2007 but has the electronic asv and egr