Oil fill cap, blow by?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
How much is too much? @ 50K, there was pretty good schmoo around the fill rubber collar that was collecting some good dust.

I did notice the fill cap doesn't have any sort of O-ring washer looks very similar to our TSI cap. I think the Gen1 and Gen2 cars had a rubber washer.

I've heard the TSI guys replacing fill caps or adding buna n oring/washers but I'm aware the PCV systems are vastly different.

VeeDubFamily

TDI
2013 NMS Passat TDI SEL
I would notice enough on my ‘13 TDI that drew my attention. But upon inspection over the 200k miles I’ve had it, I’ve never noticed more than a slight amount built up on the rubber collar and never anything below it. I’ve simply removed the collar and cleaned it each service I perform. All of this leads leads me to believe it’s normal. I’ve never experienced unusual oil consumption either. [emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d2freeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Same here, 300k miles no oil usage and no build up around the oil cap

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
sounds good, last OCI i had to add 1/2L around 9000 miles due to low oil warning light.

I remember our 2010 had similar seepage but also had the flat rubber washer, I've cleaned the o-ring and will keep an eye on it.