Instrument Cluster mileage adustment woes...

JMan

TDI
Jetta '03TDI Silver, Jetta '01 TDI Black
In the process of finishing a multi-car cluster swap. '03 Jetta got a new MFA cluster, woo hoo! I have an '01 Jetta that had has the metric speedo face (in kph) only, and I want to move my '03 original cluster into that as it has display in miles.

I've installed it no problem, and adapted the existing keys to the new cluster. However, I simply cannot reset the mileage on the cluster to what the '01 had. My '03 original cluster had 43K miles, so it should be within the mileage adjustment limits. The '01 had 155K miles, so I want to reset it to that mileage. I've followed the steps on Ross-Tech's site to the letter. The problem I have is that when I log into 17 instrument cluster using the required login of 13861, it immediately ends my session and logs me out :confused: . I can never login to change the mileage! I can, however, login with my 5 digit immo ID and adapt keys just fine. Everything else seems fine. And to my best knowledge, this cluster has never had a mileage change in the past, so I am fairly sure this is the 1st attempt on it. I know this is an IMMO3 cluster moving to an IMMO2 car which is fine to do normally.

Any ideas?? Other than sending it off to someone who can reset it all back to zeros ...

Thanks!
Jeremy

JMan

TDI
Jetta '03TDI Silver, Jetta '01 TDI Black
Errr...perhaps I misunderstood the mileage adjustment period. Is it 60 miles/100km or 60,000Miles/100000KM? That'd make sense if it locks at 60miles. And if so, off it goes to get reset GRrrrrr