Key Fob reprogram

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I bought my 2000 vw jetta with only one key and have been careful with it. But I finally decided to get another one and reprogam it. I ordered a used key and I bought a blank, that I got cut. I then reprogramed the key using one key in the ignition one in the door method. It worked to reprogram the key, and it unlocks and locks the doors. The only problem is that the imobilizer chip still won't let it start the car. I would like to be able to have two fully functioning keys and not just one that locks and unlocks the car. I don't know if reprograming the key with the vag-com would make a difference or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

thortdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Octavia Wagon
I am in the same situation - my 2000 TDI came with only one key, bought another (frequency-matched) one online, but I still need a blade and proper programming.

Can anybody help ? Any way without shop codes ?

Also, Cshell: where did you buy a blank or blade ? Any links ?

Thanks !

tim_c

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Jetta GLS TDI sedan
All keys have to get programmed into the immobilizer in order to be able to start the car...and it has to be done at the dealer.
No way around it now. They used to give out the SKC pin number so that people could use VAG-COM to program it themselves, but VWoA has decided this is a security risk, so they're no longer doing it.

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Look through your original documentation - you may have it there.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
OK guys..I have a 99.5 with no immobilizer...I only have 1 key though...how do I go about obtaining a second key like the rest of you have? Where did you guys find them online?