Multiple Error Codes - Need Directions on Info/Repairs

billiebbyy

TDI
‘06 VW Jetta TDI - BRM Engine 212k Miles - 2nd Owner - DIYer
—-Engine : 08213 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor
I don’t know whether to replace the entire intake or just the sensor. Let alone, where the sensor even is... Any advice on what to do or where I could find the sensor? DIY Link?
—-AirBag : 00532 Battery Volt B+ Too Low
I assume it needs a new battery? It starts kinda rough so I assume the ampage is too low to start the car at the volt it needs to be at. Right?
—-AirBag : 01218 Passenger Side Air Bag Igniter
A sensor or relay? Idk where to start to even begin to look for this repair... lol.
—-AirBag : 01316 ABS Control Module No Signal
Sensor? Relay? Fuse? The entire module? I have no clue.
—-AirBag : 01312 Powertrain Data Bus Faulty
Just as lost as what the **** this is as well...
—-AirBag : 00591 Driver Seatbelt Switch: Resistance Too High
So the seatbelt buckle needs to be replaced or the wiring? Lost on this too. Lol.
I’m not electronically savvy but I’ve been researching like crazy and can’t find anything on these codes with a legit answer on what it could be. It’s all four or five of different possibilities. Any advice would be very much appreciated. I’m just trying to get this car back up to par from the death trap I’ve purchased. Not to mention, I’ve replaced almost all of the suspension and the hoses and vacuum lines are next but this engine and airbag situation needs to be handled ASAP as well. Any ideas? Links to DIYs? Anything in any direction would help. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Start with a new or fully charged battery then clear the codes and see what comes back. Quite possible that you just have a low battery.

billiebbyy

TDI
Start with a new or fully charged battery then clear the codes and see what comes back. Quite possible that you just have a low battery.
A lady I talked to at OReillys said it had to be professionally installed for some reason. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Cause I never have.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Are we talking about the 06 in your signature? If so no, she has no idea what she’s talking about.

Some bmw’s and Mercedes have some weird procedures for installing batteries. Maybe she thinks because it’s a VW it does also.

billiebbyy

TDI
Are we talking about the 06 in your signature? If so no, she has no idea what she’s talking about.

Some bmw’s and Mercedes have some weird procedures for installing batteries. Maybe she thinks because it’s a VW it does also.

Yeah, that’s it. I was confused as to why but at the same, this car is particular so it didn’t surprise me if it was true, lol. So install like any other battery, and I’m good to go or do I need a VCDS tool to install it? I haven’t checked my Bentley Manual for that removal/install yet.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Unless your car has a "Battery Monitoring System" you don't have to do anything special, NO VCDS required.

Having said that, if you change to an AGM type battery then you'll need a VCDS to change the setting from a flooded battery to an AGM battery.

billiebbyy

TDI
Unless your car has a "Battery Monitoring System" you don't have to do anything special, NO VCDS required.

Having said that, if you change to an AGM type battery then you'll need a VCDS to change the setting from a flooded battery to an AGM battery.

I plan on sticking with the same battery. No dealership near me but I’m def getting the same one that’s in the car. I try to avoid issues at all costs. Lol. I appreciate that info. Honestly had no idea there was a difference.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I plan on sticking with the same battery. No dealership near me but I’m def getting the same one that’s in the car. I try to avoid issues at all costs. Lol. I appreciate that info. Honestly had no idea there was a difference.

The reason is that a flooded battery can tolerate higher charging rates that an AGM battery cannot.

A few months ago I switched over to an AGM battery and I like it. It acts more like a "Deep cycle" battery. I got the battery from Autozone.