TDIFest OH8 Hotel registration

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
All is in place, and registrations can be made as of now.

Below is a link that will take you to a special registration thread for TDIFest OH8. Note that we reserved the rooms in the main building adjacent to the conference center/outdoor recreation area. There are two room types to choose from. $99/night.

If you wish a room in the indoor pool building, you will need to phone your registration directly to the resort. Same $99/night rate.

Two suites are available. If you wish one, call the resort and tell them you are with the TDIFest. They have stated that they will discount them.

We are checking about the age factor for our younger members. At this time, no problem. I will update this if there are any changes. In any case, DO NOT tell the registration folks your age. I'll deal with it if it's a problem.

If you wish to arrive several days early, or checkout a few days later, the rooms are at a lesser rate. Just not for the holiday weekend.

King's Island Resort and Conference Center
5691 Kings Island Drive
Mason, Ohio 45040
Phone: (513) 398-0115
Fax: (513) 398-1095

Reservations: 1-800-727-3050
http://www.kingsislandresort.com

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/g_reservation.cfm?groupID=93629&hotelID=4866

Last edited:

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Looks like the link works. I'm booked.

If anyone is wondering, the main buidling was recently renovated. Whereas the building with the pool is older. And yes, my wife asked me to call :(

Last edited:

DaMidget

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 Premium Plus
Seems like early checkin isnt working. Tried the 27th and the 28th and it gives me an error of: Currently, there are no rooms available for that requested date.

fredsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
99 jetta
So the word for under 21 is we can get a room? Thanks for the help they told me on the phone NO to geting a room under 21. So if they changed their mind that is great. Thanks Fred

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
fredsTDI said:
So the word for under 21 is we can get a room? Thanks for the help they told me on the phone NO to geting a room under 21. So if they changed their mind that is great. Thanks Fred
Ever hear of roommates? Some Fest attendees share a room to split the cost. Find one over 21 and you'll be set. I'm sure there will be a 'Roommates' thread for the 2008 Fest sooner or later. Just pointing out you have another option here...

fredsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
99 jetta
Well I planed on bringing my GF with me and well... (do I need to add more?) By the way she is 18 legal to take across state lines and all that fun stuff

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
Looks like I lucked out this year. My sister lives in Cinci and I can shack up with her for a couple days. Is there any other sort of event registration aside from lodgings?

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Lex4TDI4Life said:
Looks like I lucked out this year. My sister lives in Cinci and I can shack up with her for a couple days. Is there any other sort of event registration aside from lodgings?

Registration will be up in the foreseeable future.

weiky79

BANNED
Lex4TDI4Life said:
can I shack up with your sis for the weekend also? :D:D:D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm going to call the hotel and see what they want for one of those suites. Better work quick since there are only two available.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Update on Suites...

Per Abby at the hotel, both suites are booked for that weekend for another group. She is emailing me photos of some of their other guest rooms shortly. I'll post them in this thread so people can see.

Last edited:

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
mk4gasm said:
any word on the age limit? every hotel ive been too has denied me.
Make your registration online. They don't ask questions about age.

They were to let me know if age was a problem. They haven't. As long as you're 18, you're good.

If there is a problem, PM me. I'll deal with it.

mk4gasm

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf
paramedick said:
Make your registration online. They don't ask questions about age.

They were to let me know if age was a problem. They haven't. As long as you're 18, you're good.

If there is a problem, PM me. I'll deal with it.
okay ill let you know how it goes, thanks alot!

robbinsresort

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI, 85 Golf n/a Diesel
There are no official events on Fri 29 Aug, right?

I just sold my soul to the devil and traded off four shifts in order to come up there.

Thinking about an afternoon arrival on Friday.

-Chris

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I plan to arrive at the hotel by Lunchtime on Friday. and leave on Monday afternoon. so ya, there will be people around for the early arrivals.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Growler said:
I plan to arrive at the hotel by Lunchtime on Friday. and leave on Monday afternoon. so ya, there will be people around for the early arrivals.
I'm kinda planning the same thing.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
heh, I just reserved a double room for 3 nights..

Who wants to share? :)

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL Reflex Silver 5 speed. Ventectomy, coolant migration mod, Hella Comets, FK air ducts.
Growler said:
I'm figuring on doing the same. ;)

G

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'll probably be doing the same thing... arriving Friday afternoon, and leaving monday afternoon.

I still haven't made reservations yet.

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
Got mine

1 room w/king for 4 nights.
Arriving early and leaving Monday for Atlanta to see the aquarium :)
Planning on seeing the one in Newport too.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
OK folks, time to make those reservations! Spoke with the folks at the hotel yesterday. 20 reservations to date..............