TDI
01 jetta tdi
I have a 01 Tdi I recently bought since then these are the upgrades I've done
-sb stg 2 daily clutch
- new timing belt kit
-dlc 764 injectors flow stage 1 (kerma)
- vnt 15 machined to 17 with 52 mm billet wheel
- tuned by td tuning
Now the car does run better than stock but it still feels like it just don't wanna get it, Rpm"s kinda hang an slowly climb making power between 3-4000 rpm. Tried contacting mike from td tuning to see if the injectors need to be set to a full flow, he's VERY hard to contact, I'm really confused by kermas injectors I no dbw does there injector work and all they will say is use kerma tunes. My buddy Carrys td tuning an I don't wanna switch. I guess I'm just not sure how well this car should run I no diesels when it comes to trucks an the more fuel u can supply is better it can be regulated through a tune but kerma has me so lost. Any help or suggestions from anyone is greatly appreciated

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I have a 01 Tdi I recently bought since then these are the upgrades I've done
-sb stg 2 daily clutch
- new timing belt kit
-dlc 764 injectors flow stage 1 (kerma)
- vnt 15 machined to 17 with 52 mm billet wheel
- tuned by td tuning
Now the car does run better than stock but it still feels like it just don't wanna get it, Rpm"s kinda hang an slowly climb making power between 3-4000 rpm. Tried contacting mike from td tuning to see if the injectors need to be set to a full flow, he's VERY hard to contact, I'm really confused by kermas injectors I no dbw does there injector work and all they will say is use kerma tunes. My buddy Carrys td tuning an I don't wanna switch. I guess I'm just not sure how well this car should run I no diesels when it comes to trucks an the more fuel u can supply is better it can be regulated through a tune but kerma has me so lost. Any help or suggestions from anyone is greatly appreciated
I do not think it is tune problem. Mike is one of the best tuners and he know what to do.
You need to make a logs with VCDS and see how that turbo working.
Also need to see how MAF is responding and IQ ?
Many things can cause problems.
I had someone blaming tune , and on the end was leaking VNT actuator problem.

Last edited:

Warnecke

TDI
01 jetta tdi
Iq is set a 3.2, it's a maf less tune also adjusted actuator runs a little better. I'm no blaming tune I just would like to contact mike to let him no exactly what I got on the car. . How should 160 hp car run? An I will stick with mike on his tuning. it's a gt 1749 turbo can you get much out of that and does anyone no anything about dbw injectors?

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Iq is set a 3.2, it's a maf less tune also adjusted actuator runs a little better. I'm no blaming tune I just would like to contact mike to let him no exactly what I got on the car. Email him get nothing back. How should 160 hp car run? An I will probably stick with mike but kerma customer service is great!!wish I could say the same about mike it's a gt 1749 turbo can you get much out of that and does anyone no anything about dbw injectors?
Dbw injectors are also best one in market. Pete is the only one I ever use for injectors.

Warnecke

TDI
01 jetta tdi
What about his stages? He's got them set on a stage one flow do I need to send them in and have them opened all the way up?

Kraiger

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
I've been helping with warnecke's issue. Logs have been done and iq is fine. His turbo came from xsboost who im not very impressed with. His turbo and another customers turbo have been nightmare. Seems on warnecke's turbo the vanes/actuator need more fine adjustment but those injectors seem to be starving the engine.