Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Guys I have tried to call the only person I know Daniel but can't get a phone call returned. I will be in need of a 120K service on a 2013 Passat SE soon and need some help as I am in SC and zip is 29690 and can not find anyone else near me and do not want to take it to the dealer. I have had work in the past and paid what was wanted always on time. Don't know what is going on???????????????
Anyone can help?

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Don't expect someone to find you here.
Try our list (in my signature), local groups, referral services like car-talk or angie.
We also have regional forums- South Eastern USA
all ready listed in southeast could you pm me about car-talk or angie sorry don't know what you are talking about there.
Thank You

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Did you search the SE forum?
Go to CarTalk.com and AngiesList.com, others, search mechanics, then research those names for one with TDI experience.
Maybe contact user DanG144 and ask for a referral, he's in SC I believe.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
yes both including text and vmail as well
Ok, thought it might help but sounds like the same issue I have around Charlotte. There are listed mechanics but none that seem to want anymore business. At least VW of South Charlotte has improved dramatically over the last 17 years. There are or have been a few employees there that are also frequent posters on here.

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
I'm now in Virginia Beach - I'm willing to take on customers starting in March 2017. I have a place to work.

Also - TDIJetta99 / Dignardi - man.... could you do my rear axle bushings like I seen you do at Ho5G? I've done rear axle bushings a handful of times and each time I wanted to cry. Damned calcium chloride.

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Where in Va Beach?

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
I posted this messg #2747 in 2015, not on the list or map yet. Please update the list.

Wolfsburg Automotive
4907 Old Summer Rd.
Memphis, TN 38122
P: (901) 761-3443
F: (901) 761-3432
http://wolfsburgauto.com/
Jim@Wolfsburg <jim@wolfsburgauto.com> (owner)

Jim & Pat are VW enthusiasts who founded the business 9 years ago.
Some Techs are VW/Audi trained former dealer mechanics. Others
trained by Jim and Pat with years of VW experience. This is the best
independent VW shop in the area, who works on TDI's, including mine
and several other regular TDI customers. From basic TDI maintenance,
advanced trouble shooting to major repairs. Their labor prices are very
reasonable, quality of work excellent. They serve Western Tennessee,
North Mississippi and South East Arkansas.

Last edited:

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
Guys I have tried to call the only person I know Daniel but can't get a phone call returned. I will be in need of a 120K service on a 2013 Passat SE soon and need some help as I am in SC and zip is 29690 and can not find anyone else near me and do not want to take it to the dealer. I have had work in the past and paid what was wanted always on time. Don't know what is going on???????????????
You talking about Appalachian Diesel Works? Daniel getś busy (works alone) and can be hard to get a hold of from time to time... Did you leave a message? Keep trying, heś a great mechanic.

I have taken the TDI to my normal trusted gasser mechanic for normal service (Daniel is a ways from me and less practical), and never had an issue... as someone said ¨itś not rocket science¨ so ask if you have someone who is good... A good mechanic and google can do just about anything!

Cheers!

young lad

TDI
2003 GLS Jetta tdi
Help

I'm looking for a TDI mechanic who is knowledgeable of full fis cluster work. I need help completely setting up one of these bad boys. Any help would be appreciated

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
I'm looking for a TDI mechanic who is knowledgeable of full fis cluster work. I need help completely setting up one of these bad boys. Any help would be appreciated
Contact user "jetta ,97" here on the forums, he can help you.

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
You may need a VW/Audi expert, but probably not a TDI expert.

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Please remove me from the Trusted Mechanics List as I have retired from car work. I have previously attempted PM and email to get this done with no success.

Thanks,
Todd Zeller
Florida

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Aj's automotive service does a really good job. They are located in Ann Arbor mi. One of there techs did a automatic to manual conversion for me. No issues.
There is a standard format for these recommendations. Without more information, how is another TDI owner going to find or contact this shop?

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Thanks for the kind words rmidgett! Glad to help you out and get your TDI in good running condition again!

Take care,
Ben

mkivwagon

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
A Northern VA TDI Trusted Mechanic

I recently had my injectors worked on by Mark Talbot of Berryville VA. I found the problem (copper washer seal wasn't cleaned and seated properly) and shot Mark an email and he had me come in and he replaced all the washers within the hour. I was in and out just like that! I highly recommend Mark. Great guy and great service.
Thanks!

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I recently had my injectors worked on by Mark Talbot of Berryville VA. I found the problem (copper washer seal wasn't cleaned and seated properly) and shot Mark an email and he had me come in and he replaced all the washers within the hour. I was in and out just like that! I highly recommend Mark. Great guy and great service.
Thanks!
Is this the place? https://www.talbotmotorsva.com

djembeing

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDi
KY guru?

Hello. Ive been trying to get in touch with paramedik in Versailles Ky. I need someone to work on my 2000 jetta. I sent an email. Does he still work on them?
Thanks
(edit: I've learned of his situation)

Last edited: