www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old April 23rd, 2016, 21:11   #1
PtboMarkIV

TDI(s): 2002
Default Good Canadian parts suppliers?

Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to get parts at a reasonable cost. Seems every website is American or even if they are Canadian the price is in USD and it's crazy high shipping. Hoping someone knows of good genuine Canadian sites. Also I live in the Peterborough Ontario area anything local to that or Toronto east with good parts new or used would be helpful.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
PtboMarkIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 10:35   #2
Rob_MacCara
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Not even close to the old TDI

Not sure what kind of parts you are looking for, but you can check out Brian Harrison at http://www.roselandtech.ca/
Old April 24th, 2016, 12:46   #3
j_martell
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly

X2 for Brian a @ Roseland. Good prices, excelent service & communication. Quick shipping to boot every time I've ordered from him

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
j_martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 13:40   #4
scottdanpor

I've had good luck with http://www.autopartsway.ca/
for things I can't find at the junkyard or otherwise used.
scottdanpor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2019, 10:32   #5
Petesaguytdi
Veteran Member

I generally do ok with Autopartsway, but they sent me a defective caliper Bracket where Cardone (the remanufacturer) ground through the end of the pin Chamber. I am currently battling them to back down on their parts return process. They have been in touch, but not keeping their word on anything they say.

I can see giving me a full refund being a problem if I ordered the wrong part, but it simply was defective and slipped through someones quality controls at Cardone

So as long as you order the right parts, or they don't ship you a defective one you should be fine using them.
99.5 A4 Jetta, ~359,000km Ventectomy, neoprene swaybar bushings,Koni FSD's, Shine rear bar, a4 deluxe tb kit. dieselgeek skid plate,sigma 5 shifter, vag-com, Euro110hp version vnt15, pp520's, Aligator Kerma level 1, Tdi heater, vr6 clutch/g60 flywheel, CAT fuel filter
2004 Passat sedan, Malone stage 2, 2005 passat wagon 5spd DUK, 1756 Hybrid, Malone custom tune
Petesaguytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2019, 11:36   #6
shakescreek
Veteran Member

X3 for Roseland. I've ordered quite a lot from Brian and always quality parts at a good price and reasonable shipping charges. And if you need something he doesn't stock he can usually get it in for you. Highly recommend him.
shakescreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2019, 12:19   #7
Vince Waldon
Veteran Member

4x.
Vince Waldon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2019, 18:53   #8
Petesaguytdi
Veteran Member

Ditto on Roseland, purchase there all the time also. Can't go wrong with Brian
99.5 A4 Jetta, ~359,000km Ventectomy, neoprene swaybar bushings,Koni FSD's, Shine rear bar, a4 deluxe tb kit. dieselgeek skid plate,sigma 5 shifter, vag-com, Euro110hp version vnt15, pp520's, Aligator Kerma level 1, Tdi heater, vr6 clutch/g60 flywheel, CAT fuel filter
2004 Passat sedan, Malone stage 2, 2005 passat wagon 5spd DUK, 1756 Hybrid, Malone custom tune
Petesaguytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2020, 22:35   #9
VicGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_MacCara View Post
Not sure what kind of parts you are looking for, but you can check out Brian Harrison at http://www.roselandtech.ca/
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_martell View Post
X2 for Brian a @ Roseland. Good prices, excelent service & communication. Quick shipping to boot every time I've ordered from him
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakescreek View Post
X3 for Roseland. I've ordered quite a lot from Brian and always quality parts at a good price and reasonable shipping charges. And if you need something he doesn't stock he can usually get it in for you. Highly recommend him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Waldon View Post
4x.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesaguytdi View Post
Ditto on Roseland, purchase there all the time also. Can't go wrong with Brian
Thanks, folks! You were correct!
I sent Brian a short email this morning and by suppertime I had a multi-paragraph detailed reply, clearly explaining some of the options I had.
It gives me a lot of confidence to buy from him.
Excellent already!
VicGuy is online now   Reply With Quote