Anyone selling set of cams for a common rail 2.0tdi

Sciroccomitch

TDI
Scircco 2.0tdi cr
Wondering if anyone is breaking a big build and im wanting a set of performance cams for the 2.0tdi cr170 maybe a pump when time is right

Sciroccomitch

TDI
Scircco 2.0tdi cr
Thanks for replies and i have just looked at the dbilas kits are they worth getting ? What uprated springs will i have to use ? Are they on a exchange basis ? They are way cheaper than darkside

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Colt also has CR cams, but you will need to flycut the pistons. They have just a bit to much of a duration profile. My experience has been good with them, so long as you clearance them properly. Francis Lorraine in Canada has a set you could probably get for cheap. The stock valve springs are pretty soft. Darkside or Bobby Singh have upgraded springs.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Not sure why you would want to use different cams to stock?
A few years ago we had just under 400hp with stock cams (ported head).

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Installing cams really dosent do much just by that. To gain from cams head work or other supporting mods need done to actually gain something from them. That’s in most cases I’m saying.

Sciroccomitch

TDI
Scircco 2.0tdi cr
I just wanted to get idea of what parts to get what people recommend i have got bigger turbo and supporting mods just want to eventually make power i want (300bhp) personal goal lol i love tinkering and i want a good spec build so want to explore every sort of way where i get more power. So im going to buy a head and build it and port polish etc then swap it over then hopefully map it! Seen your videos on youtube travis good footage i enjoyed it kinda what i want to do to mine minus the piston machining but who knows might end up doing that !����

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Bobby singh above said they made close to 400hp with a ported head so if you go with head work and cams probably can achieve over 400hp.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Get a CP3, some valve springs and a gtb2260. You can spend big money on these, but you'll still have a front drive car. Not the best platform to dump your entire bank acct into, imo.