GTD-HPFP Swap stage 3 VS Stage 3

Golf tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
Tested out New GTD hpfp stage 3 last night at the track against a Stage 3 car.Both Golf's with DSG trans,with all bolt on's same.GTD ran a 14.4 at 96.11 mph and stage 3 stock pump ran 14.7,at 93.11
Jim has the time slips from last night,The stock pump car weighed 3265,and GTD car weighed 3300.Both cars on stock rubber.Malone keeps fine tunning this GTD pump map and it shows how well it works,the smoke is very minimal and the fuel economy is better.Will update again at Waterfest with new map and Malone tweaks.Thank you LES and Malone ,most of all Jim for his time and effort put into this.

Last edited:

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Sounds cool. Hopefully this will be a more viable option instead of the cp3 pump. Also here's hoping that it fixes our 1% of pumps that grenade :)

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Some people are experiencing fueling limits going beyond a cr170 stage 3. Really pushing your car with a 2260 turbo and a large fuel map leads to rail pressure drops and limp mode.

Golf tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
What's different in the gtd pump?
The internals are different and side by side constructed differently.The pump stroke is longer on the GTD pump 1.3mm. ,it supplies the pressure/volume needed to tune the car where it is now higher boost-more aggressive maps.Malone has reduced my smoke so much it's night and day difference.Also better fuel economy.
With the stock pump we ran into issues with the pump not maintaining the pressure needed to tune it,was going into limp mode.Les had mentioned that the pressure was over 2400 psi more than the stock pump.

fede179070

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
The internals are different and side by side constructed differently.The pump stroke is longer on the GTD pump 1.3mm. ,it supplies the pressure/volume needed to tune the car where it is now higher boost-more aggressive maps.Malone has reduced my smoke so much it's night and day difference.Also better fuel economy.
With the stock pump we ran into issues with the pump not maintaining the pressure needed to tune it,was going into limp mode.Les had mentioned that the pressure was over 2400 psi more than the stock pump.
Thanks for the info! How much did you pay for the pump?

Golf tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
Thanks for the info! How much did you pay for the pump?
You'll have to contact GDM at 570-539-8333.Speak to Les about pricing of the pumps.He let me take the car to test everything is perfect and make sure I'm happy, I am extremely happy beyond with everything and after last night at the track it was great.

DieselDubs83

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS 5spd, 2005 Passat BHW, 82 Caddy TDI
The GTD pump is an interesting improvement over the stock. It is rated for 2000 BAR rail pressure whereas our stock pumps are rated for 1800 BAR rail pressure. It is a very nice upgrade as it is all bolt-on with no modifications except in the tuning. While we do have these pumps running very well I would not say the tuning is perfect yet.
We have a limited number of these as we are getting them straight from Germany from some of their test cars. They all have between 900 and 1000 km on them but look to be new. We do now have the ability to get them new as well but they are almost double the price of the test ones that we are getting.
Thank-you very much to Pete and Jim (especially Jim) for all of your patience, countless hours, and help in the testing of these pumps and adjustments of the tuning.

Regards, Les @ GDM

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
What's different in the gtd pump?
Its piston is larger which allows up to 29,000 psi fuel rail pressure. The stock TDI maxes out at 20,000.

Note: this should be enough pressure to run the larger turbos also.

Any questions should be directed to Les's email. his phones are usually busy.

Please don't forget about the tuning that Mark Malone put into this. This was extremely tedious because he was experimenting with German parts and some of these areas are new to Mark but he does seem to master them!

Les did have low mileage GTD pumps in stock. He had used with under 1000km and new pumps. I know there is a new shipment arriving. Please email Les for the details.

These pumps are bolt on.

GDM
8047 Route 104
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA 17853
Phone: 570-539-8333
info@germandiesel.net

Last edited:

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
According to the 1/4 mile calculator my JSW horsepower with the GTD pump and an aggressive tune from Mark was 232whp and I don't think this is fully tweaked.

Wallace Calculator

Calculate HP From Weight and MPH MPH Weight Your Horsepower computed from your vehicle weight of 3835 pounds and MPH of 91.10 is 232.20.

Last edited:

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
Nice. That's awesome to know you can make that much power without dealing extra turbo lag involved in a GTB turbo
Correct I agree. I also believe we can make a little more power from the CR170's once Mark Malone fine tunes these. We'll get the best of both worlds for a daily driver.

The CR170 are spooling extremely quick with the GTD pumps!:D

Last edited:

Mk6 tdi

TDI
Golf
At German diesel Motorwerks right now. Les and his crew are really nice ppl. They take care of your car like it's there's. Extremely happy with the work done just wating on the custom stage 3 maps from Malone so we can dial in the tune.

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
Les is the Best!!

I'll be up there tomorrow at 8am

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
I love the power improvement. I guess it would force me to upgrade the clutch that's been vibrating me like crazy :p

What kind of fuel economy improvements are being seen thus far?

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
Even a 3mpg/5% increase is substantial!

What is the cause for the increased economy from the pump? inefficiency in the pump? Improved tuning capability? Both? Other?

lotownvw: I'd PM or give a call to Les at GDM. He has pricing and some availability on these pumps. I'm sure he'd have the answer on part number as well.

Last edited:

Golf tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
The smoke is so minimal now it's night and day difference,Malone has just loaded a newer map into the car and it keeps getting better every time-mpg and performance,the pump added pressure and volume Malone now has a lot more of everything to improve all around for us.Wish he would chime in and add comments about what he has done.