Attn: ATLANTA TDI Members

jodan

TDI
'04 Silver Golf GLS
I live in Marietta. Wife and I just bought our first TDI, an '04 Silver Golf, after our '02 Silver Golf 2.slow was wrecked. Excited to be part of the community.

krsone

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, manual, blue graphite
Hi, I' new to the TDi world. Just bought a 2009 Jetta. Fell in love with it while researching cars and it's turned out to be as great as I was hoping. I'm new to the area - just moved here for grad school at GT. I'd be interested in a local GTG if it gets materialized...

Heli wrench

TDI
05 Passat TDI
ahoy mates!
I live on the south side, drive a tan Passat. I can be found frequenting airports in the southeast, if there is a helicopter there.
I'm addicted to ice hockey and play drums in a old school punk band locally.
sounds like a diverse group we have here! Nice to meet ya'll

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Who said they wanted to keep with Richard55 on the interstate, man that is a tall order. lol
No so hard right now 55 is it on the interstate at the present. Driving ol yeller tell she breaks, than I will know what the challenge was. lol P.S. damn a/c went out again.

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
MichelleRoze said:
So do we know where we're meeting to ride up to Asheville?
Well I think it would depend on a centralized point, Perhaps with D2 and then a Mileage race...:cool: to Ash. I am sure we can G:eek:gle a Fuel up station to meet at. Thoughts?
I know IconicBlonde and myself will be coming from Conyers, Maybe Richard55's speed monster will be broken and fixed by then. (lets get in there and see whats fub'd out on her) I have made a map with my general location, we could add ourselves and our Start point Votes? ? ? (as like me I am sure no one really likes their home addy out on the inter-web..)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e....784854,-84.064636&spn=0.861736,1.783905&z=10
I think I can open the map to anyone with Gmail and we can edit it as members join the Convoy list. To much time on a Monday night...

Last edited:

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
SilverDieselDemon said:
Well I think it would depend on a centralized point, Perhaps with D2 and then a Mileage race...:cool: to Ash. I am sure we can G:eek:gle a Fuel up station to meet at. Thoughts?
I know IconicBlonde and myself will be coming from Conyers, Maybe Richard55's speed monster will be broken and fixed by then. (lets get in there and see whats fub'd out on her) I have made a map with my general location, we could add ourselves and our Start point Votes? ? ? (as like me I am sure no one really likes their home addy out on the inter-web..)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115580051143797958289.00047420cc5cfba6de9d3&ll=33.784854,-84.064636&spn=0.861736,1.783905&z=10
I think I can open the map to anyone with Gmail and we can edit it as members join the Convoy list. To much time on a Monday night...
That's cool! If I pick Matt up (which I'm sure I will) we'll be starting in the Jimmy Carter area. So we're not too far. We could probably pick a place somewhere on 85. There is a Racetrac on L'ville-Suwannee Road that has diesel and for those that need to, they could fill up. It's right off 85, just down the road a bit. Usually the cheapest diesel I can find!

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
MichelleRoze said:
That's cool! If I pick Matt up (which I'm sure I will) we'll be starting in the Jimmy Carter area. So we're not too far. We could probably pick a place somewhere on 85. There is a Racetrac on L'ville-Suwannee Road that has diesel and for those that need to, they could fill up. It's right off 85, just down the road a bit. Usually the cheapest diesel I can find!
If you have Gmail add it to the map. I opened it to editing. ;)

adman4x4

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta GLS TDI, Totalled 1998 Jetta GLS TDI
krsone said:
Hi, I' new to the TDi world. Just bought a 2009 Jetta. Fell in love with it while researching cars and it's turned out to be as great as I was hoping. I'm new to the area - just moved here for grad school at GT. I'd be interested in a local GTG if it gets materialized...
I'm at GT too!

TDI
98 New Beetle
Have a black Beetle. 230K on the clock (when it works)

Used to commute from Marietta to Stone Mtn every day,
now Usually in the Cumberland/Marietta area.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
so have we picked a place for meeting? I know this is next week and we still have some time, but I'm just curious. lol I'm actually very anxious for this GTG. I enjoy TDI GTG's, so much to learn! Can't believe how many of us are in the Atlanta area and I don't think I know but only a few on here lol. We probably pass by each other often and don't even know it.

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
I have PM the other members to see if they are still going/ convoying with us:cool:
Now for time, I have updated the G:eek:le map with the logistics of the Convoy. Lets find a meet up time in the AM. Whats your vote Michelle?

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
I believe Ashville is a good 4 hour drive from here. So, I don't know what everyone needs done and how much time they need. I'm not doing much, if anything, I'm just merely coming to meet and greet and possibly do a few small things. Other than that.... So we'd have to leave at 8am if we wanted to be there by noon.

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
3 hr 14 mins from the meet point. I am down for 8 am. Two votes, well three Iconicblonde will be with me. :cool:

SDD

I think I will write ATL to ASH...and back on < 10gal. on my window....:D ha

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
SilverDieselDemon said:
3 hr 14 mins from the meet point. I am down for 8 am. Two votes, well three Iconicblonde will be with me. :cool:

SDD

I think I will write ATL to ASH...and back on < 10gal. on my window....:D ha
lol that's great! and maybe, "battery not included."

VagPhillips

TDI
2005.5 pkg 2
01 Green Jetta with bad paint and a TDI Club plate frame. 193K and counting. I'm based in Gwinnett but work on the road selling lumber so I'm all over Northeast Georgia and Atlanta.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Ok, Asheville is approaching. Where is the meet spot? And what time? Who's all comin'? I'm looking forward to this GTG!

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
sweet! We'll be there too. I'd tell you what to look for, but a silver beetle at a Diesel pump would be pretty obvious! ;)

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Well, see you there bright and early tomorrow :) How long do we plan on waiting for people? 8:30? 9:00 at the latest?

dieselfueler

Veteran Member
TDI
04 PD100 Jetta Wagon
Alright,
Time for you GA/ATL folks to get your collective act together and Plan a GTG. If you plan they will come. You guys had quite a presence in Asheville and you should be able to pull some folks from AL/MS and maybe north FL too.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
SSD, and others...

It was good to meet you and other fellow ATLians up in Asheville.

I had a great time and enjoyed the whole day.
Definitely would like to do a GTG in ATL area and/or a meetup.

See you around soon.

Has anyone in ATL area done a check of the intake plumbing to be sure that there aren't any leaks? I think I need put that on my list of things to do, and possibly an O2 sensor on my list later on down the road.