Qualified Mechanics in MPLS/St. Paul

Wayneat53

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Hi to all,
I just joined the Forum today. It is hard to get credible, quality information from other sources. Who knows better than the people who own and drive TDI's? I have reasons not to trust local dealerships and need some help finding local mechanics to work on my 2002 Jetta TDI.
I have a 2002 Jetta TDI with 300,000 miles on it. It needs a new Turbo and I hope to have it fixed as soon as I can find a trustworthy mechanic. It runs ok but I do not want the turbo to blow up. Can anybody recommend mechanics in the MPLS/St. Paul area?
Thank you,
Wayneat53

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Greengeeker, jfettig,etc

Look in the mn chat thread for greengeeker and others. Nick (greengeeker) is the only local Ihave personally worked with and he has been great. He is a ways north of town though.

I have also heard good things about midwestmotorworks in hudson and jfettig up in blaine (he might only do tunes now).

Good luck!

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Nick has done a lot of work for me and he is very good. Of course he is also very very busy. If I had not lost the security socket for my security lugs he would have done the passenger side bearing for me when he had my car. Instead I am doing it this weekend.