Black Toureg TDI with Michigan Manufacturer Plates in Cnt FL

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
Driving up I75 from Tampa on the 6th I spotted a black (or could have been navy blue, it was dirty) V10 Toureg TDI with a Michigan Manufacturer plate. I have seen dealer plates before but what is up with this? Are they testing the first of the 06 TDIs out now? Your guess is as good as mine.
Anyways, I think he figured out I was tailing him because he dodged around a truck and speeded down an offramp and I didn't get to chase him down to talk to him. :rolleyes:

tdireader

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI
ICNTDRV said:
Driving up I75 from Tampa on the 6th I spotted a black (or could have been navy blue, it was dirty) V10 Toureg TDI with a Michigan Manufacturer plate. I have seen dealer plates before but what is up with this? Are they testing the first of the 06 TDIs out now? Your guess is as good as mine.
Anyways, I think he figured out I was tailing him because he dodged around a truck and speeded down an offramp and I didn't get to chase him down to talk to him. :rolleyes:
They test them out in tampa. I saw three parked next to eachother in tampa last year w/ florida plates. I've also seen cars from other manufactures w/ MI plates in tampa.

Dweebus

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI, 1998 Jetta TDI
I saw a few cars in the Denver area with MI manufacturer plates when I lived there. I assume they were testing their new designs in high altitude.