arp main studs

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
This car will be lucky to see 20k after I’m done.
why?

I built a full-retard tdi because then it is cheap to use the fast car as a daily driver.
Used to drive a slow civic and a fast ford LTD, civic got 30, ford got 10, so I'd drive the civic all the time and whenever I was in the civic I'd see guys running around in their mustangs. Couldn't do hooligan things, thus the fast car that still gets something like 48.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
It would not be comfortable in the least to drive everyday let alone I can’t haul any kids in it. That’s why I bought the mk6 Jetta dad mobile.

theman53

TDI
01 jetta, 86 IDI TD
I did a wild build on a IDI 1.6l vw diesel, that had 40mm intake and 33.8 exhaust, that are not available anymore and probably the same valve springs, those were vw but source from older 8v and 16v engines iirc. Bigger valves make a huge difference in airflow and I just wondered where I could find something better.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Sorry I’m sure I should of read that back earlier in the thread. Was a busy day at work yesterday and was checking in between jack hammering concrete.

From what darkside told me when I inquired about my build they recommended the golf ball porting of the intake runners and the over sized valves combed with the colt stage 3 cam. I’m almost positive that set up though will create so much drive pressure to the turbo that any smaller turbos will blow apart after awhile of running. If you go that route I think going to Atleast a GTB turbo set up is best.

theman53

TDI
01 jetta, 86 IDI TD
my 1.6 head flows 150 cfm per intake valve with .3500 lift -stock cam. I know what the airflow is about. In no way would I ever want a normal vnt turbo on this. I like the hit of a big wastegated turbo, but want boost early, so I really like the Holset He221w and 200wg. With a 5cm exhaust housing they are ridiculously awesome.

MrBigTruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle, 2000 GTI ALH swap, 2006 Jetta, 2006 Jetta, 2008 Mercedes GL320 CDI
Totally disagree with you on the AMC Alh Tdi replacement head. I had a lifter come apart in one of my tdi’s, it destroyed a piston and head obviously. AMC was purchase new, which is well over a 100k miles and counting, on stage4 rc @ 28psi .
I also know of another person with roughly 68,000 on stg3 rc with AMC head .
When my OEM head let go, 2 Tdi guru’s gave the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’re not even made out of the same material as a VW head.

Here is a quote from Franko6 in a message he sent me about a year and a half ago:

“The reason to stick with the OEM:

1. The alloy of the OEM heads is very particular, with maximum silicon, copper, molybdenum, and nickel. It's an unusual combination, and NOT what we otherwise refer to as 'Beer Can' cylinder heads. For example, the AMC's or anything coming from China.

2. The seats are also proprietary and long-lasting.

3. We think the tendency is for VAG to make a more reliable part.”

I put one on my car and it lasted about 20,000 miles and I would never put another one on any of my cars. Not a good place to cheap out in my opinion.