Best Power Enhancement

eav

TDI
Jetta, 2015 Sportwagen
The power enhancement I would like to see in a TDI Sportwagen is a 3.0 liter V6.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The power enhancement I would like to see in a TDI Sportwagen is a 3.0 liter V6.
Good luck with that!

The TDI sportwagen was designed as an economy car, Do you want a 3.0L V6 gasser or diesel? Is your goal performance or towing? You can't have everything in one car - power and economy are pretty much interchangeable, but it is not easy to get both at once. If you decide to try to squeeze a Toureg V6 (or biggr)TDI into your JSW - be sure to post the pictures, we all would like to see that. Have you looked under the hood in your car? There is not a lot of "extra" room. For power enhancement, your best bet is usually a good "chip tune".

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Since you did say "Sportwagen", I am assuming you have a 2009 or newer Jetta. It would be helpful if you were more specific about what car you are thinking of modding.

eav

TDI
Jetta, 2015 Sportwagen
Define best.

Cheapest, most reliable, most power, easy to install etc.?
OK, there probably is no best, that was just a title to show I would like a V6 TDI. I've an old 1989 Jetti TDI that was fun to drive. (Now driving a 2004 Camry.) The Camry is an immensely better car than the Jetta, but new Jetta's seem much improved. For the last two years or so I've been test driving Jetta's and really liked them, but they did not quite push me into buying, (especially since my Camry still runs perfectly), I think the combo of a V6 TDI and the extra space of the Sportwagen would put me over the edge. I could live with the current TDI in the Jetta and will get one in a year or so. But I would be buying a V6 TDI Sportwagen now!

Good luck with that!

The TDI sportwagen was designed as an economy car, Do you want a 3.0L V6 gasser or diesel? Is your goal performance or towing? You can't have everything in one car - power and economy are pretty much interchangeable, but it is not easy to get both at once. If you decide to try to squeeze a Toureg V6 (or biggr)TDI into your JSW - be sure to post the pictures, we all would like to see that. Have you looked under the hood in your car? There is not a lot of "extra" room. For power enhancement, your best bet is usually a good "chip tune".

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Since you did say "Sportwagen", I am assuming you have a 2009 or newer Jetta. It would be helpful if you were more specific about what car you are thinking of modding.
I know, I know, but I still want it. I will get a TDI Sportwagen, and eventually mod it for more power, but really wish I could start with a 3.0L V6 TDI.

novaboy16

TDI
2010 TDI Cup Editon
I laughed at this thread, cause I have had dream cars for a long time, but the typically fall into two categories. S4 Avant and a Duramax Crew Cab 4x4.

Maybe I should just Buy and S4 Avant and throw a Duramax in the engine bay. That would be crazy huh...Stupid, but crazy. And lift it a little....Like an All Road...

eav

TDI
Jetta, 2015 Sportwagen
I laughed at this thread, cause I have had dream cars for a long time, but the typically fall into two categories. S4 Avant and a Duramax Crew Cab 4x4.

Maybe I should just Buy and S4 Avant and throw a Duramax in the engine bay. That would be crazy huh...Stupid, but crazy. And lift it a little....Like an All Road...
Well as long as we are dreaming, lets make it a mid-engine 3.0L V6 TDI Sportwagon.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Biggest issue is money. with enough money anything can fit. I don't see factory TDI in the sport wagon any time soon since they seem so hard to even get the diesel to the USA. Possibly other countries but I doubt here.

eav

TDI
Jetta, 2015 Sportwagen
I did get the 2015 Sportwagen, but have yet to do any power mods.

theman53

TDI
01 jetta, 86 IDI TD
your 1989 diesel jetta was indirect injected, not a direct injected, and probably didn't have a turbo, factory anyway. You probably had a naturally aspirated IDI 1.6L if not it was a TD 1.6L, unless it was swapped...A regular old TDI would be a vast improvement to the old 1.6 in any case.