I never thought I'd do it, but here goes... 2005 Passat TDI GLS Wagon FS!

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6M White
So I know I can get a 07 Hyundai with 37K miles and factory warranty for 2 more years or to 60K miles (bumper to bumper) and it would cost me about $15K, or I can get an 07 Honda Ody with 57K miles (no warranty) for $22K

$7K lower price plus warranty? The lower fuel economy - well the van would roll about 8-9,000 miles a year... so that is not a huge concern.

I've been thinking a LOT about it...

kafer65

Veteran Member
TDI
Early '06 Jetta 5M
I never warmed up to the Odys. We looked at several and we had one for a couple of weeks. This was the year model that had the tranny's that had lube problems (2k or 2001 something like that). The one we had tranny problems like something was getting caught up in the gears. It was used and looked to have been used to tow something for many miles, to be fair. I liked the handling but found the climate controls not intuitive (very annoying). I didn't like smelling the spare tire that was in the cabin either. All of the ones we test drove were absolutely gutless on power. I had a 1st year (94) Accord stick that was really gutless in summer, so maybe I was sensitive. The Sienna seemed, as many Toyotas I've driven, to have more torque than the equivalent Hondas. TDI has spoiled me now with torque. My sis has had an Ody for years and they've had great luck with theirs. I'm 6'4" and I fit in our Sienna fine with some fiddling with the seat. The armrest is too low for me to support my back tho.

Laurie

TDI
2005 Wagon, Anthracite
Nice, I was just thinking I need a white car.
Still available? I need to sell 81 300SD, 84 300CD (both with nice veg oil conversions by Dennis Luchini), and an 05 Paasat Wagon GLS TDI Anthracite (everyone says blue) @ 120K....before I can consider another. Not many shoppers due to economy :(

Countryboy07

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta
Nice, I was just thinking I need a white car.
Still available? I need to sell 81 300SD, 84 300CD (both with nice veg oil conversions by Dennis Luchini), and an 05 Paasat Wagon GLS TDI Anthracite (everyone says blue) @ 120K....before I can consider another. Not many shoppers due to economy :(
You do realize that the last post in this thread was over 2 years ago right?